hard time finding the right piston husky55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO stihl bro's cylinder is still closed port. all he did was make the lowers bypass the piston. the uppers and lowers are still seperated. maybe call it a semi closed port :laugh: heck depending on when the windows actually allowed transfer feed his way would maybe even run better then stock. his way would start feeding the transfers as soon as the piston started the down stroke.

IMO stihl bro's cylinder is still closed port. all he did was make the lowers bypass the piston. the uppers and lowers are still seperated. maybe call it a semi closed port :laugh: heck depending on when the windows actually allowed transfer feed his way would maybe even run better then stock. his way would start feeding the transfers as soon as the piston started the down stroke.

and the charge still travels around the piston... not through it... next? Nice job on porting that cylinder, it should run well.

this is getting good
thanks for all the input
the Echo CS5100/CS600 or the stihl 032, might be a direct replacement
anyone know the pin size on the Echo cs5100/cs600 or the stihl 032 and if the pin is 10mm whats the pin center to top of piston. looks like about 19.5 would work

stihlbro nice work around on feeding the lower port.

thanks

The way I've done it, all of the charge has to go through the holes in the piston, since it's full skirt and the lowers don't open up to the base. Thanks Joey, now I have to go back in mine. It's all your fault, lol.

OK Now I see what he did! I didn't look good enough. I though he took the divider out. But he didn't.

And now that you guys have said that, I've looked again with glasses on and the divider is there... sorry Bro. Opening up the lower transfer to match the case would get you around the windowed piston, actually pretty smart. I happen to have a couple of those cylinders here and may try that approach.

Just hope they never bring back the windowed piston. I sent a matched set to be copied to a cylinder maker, same for the 346XP....... we shall see.

Joey is smarter than most of us Randy......if anyone can come up with a simple idea that works well.....it's Joey.....or Jody. :rock:

Wait a min joey and jody. Twin brothers? If so I met them at terrys gtg a while ago. very very nice guys who know there racing/ stuff.

Latest posts

Back