hard time finding the right piston husky55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well sounds like im going to use the piston as is, and grind out the cylinder to match the case (not the width or the lower transfer). im assuming more is NOT better on the cylinder transfer extension to keep velocity up.

I bet she runs like a raped ape. I've never had a. Closed port 55 apart. I have worked on a ton of them but all open port. I would like to try a closed port. Perhaps i will run into one some day.

I will say this.....the 51 piston with opening up the lowers.......the difference in running compared to a oem piston and cylinder..........you won't tell the difference. The 51 piston will work and run well.

And...... i'm not that smart.....yes I am a twin, this is Joey, I do live in virginia. Thanks for the kind words guys.

I will say this.....the 51 piston with opening up the lowers.......the difference in running compared to a oem piston and cylinder..........you won't tell the difference. The 51 piston will work and run well.

And...... i'm not that smart.....yes I am a twin, this is Joey, I do live in virginia. Thanks for the kind words guys.

and thank you for sharing your experince

5a246a030515945ba26c7a868c6b2b5d_zps47e87116.jpg

This was done from the factory. Evidently the cylinders could be either way.

Last edited:
Now that picture shows very well what you did, first one was tricky to see well. Also makes you wonder if all the saws of this design could benefit from that mod?
You replied before I changed the picture. Sorry.

As far as your question, I think the answer is ultimate 64 million dollar question? I surely don't know.

Now that picture shows very well what you did, first one was tricky to see well. Also makes you wonder if all the saws of this design could benefit from that mod?

I would say that adding to the volume of the case could be either good or bad, depending on what you wanted the saw to do.

Know what I mean? :)

yes sir. it could slow the saw considerably..... may very well add torque which equates to being able to push harder. May give the user the impression it cuts equal to stock as most untrained ears can't detect a decrease in RPM.

Tap the image to play video. Now the wind was blowing like crazy. The saws are alittle rich. Can you tell me which one is stock vs. 51 piston? Same type of saw, same bar, new chains on both.

thank you. Now I'm wondering what the RPM are after the mod both in and out of wood compared to stock. You said you had a stock one to compare it too? Timed cuts would work equaly as well.... that is if your willing to, or post video of each cutting the same wood.

I have not timed them. It's not the best video. I may have pushed a bit in the second saw. I didn't have the wood strapped down and was holding my left knee against the wood. The wind blew my phone over first time. It's all I have at the moment.

Latest posts

Back