hard time finding the right piston husky55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so which one was the stock saw and the one you did? curious minds need to know :). i hope the first one was the one with the 51 piston.

first one held rpm, cut faster, sounded a good 4erd out of the cut and cleared up nice in the wood.

now idea which one is stock cp cly. w/windowed piston. -- or moded cyl (opined from lower port to base) w/ 51piton.
hope its the first one

vid # 2 worked
thanks one handing removes the pressure question.
im a bit Diesel Deaf but saw #2 sounded like it was not revving as high

it's saw #1 the first saw is the one with the modified cylinder and a non windowed piston. saw #2 is stock.

better to stand for something than fall for anything.

it's saw #1 the first saw is the one with the modified cylinder and a non windowed piston. saw #2 is stock.

better to stand for something than fall for anything.

You are correct! With saying that, the original saw, the exhaust port is carboned up. I would like to pull it down and clean it up. Check the ring land as well. Then, test again.

that is sure a performance increase. the stock one actually looks and sounds kinda turdly after hearing the first one.

Stihlbrow did you change the port timing or jest widen things out

Stihlbrow did you change the port timing or jest widen things out

I just cleaned/decarboned the exhaust port. Opened the lower transfer area. New piston. Never checked squish or timing. I did check piston heights and skirt length against each piston.

I just cleaned/decarboned the exhaust port. Opened the lower transfer area. New piston. Never checked squish or timing. I did check piston heights and skirt length against each piston.
Ok thanks. i might widen out the the intake/ex some jest to see what happens. it was a freebee and i have 3 other about that size.
thanks for info

Wouldn't the case compression have gone down, due to the removal of all that material in the cylinder? I'm thinking is just improved flow.

I don't think so Brad, and here's why. The fully skirted piston would act like a cup that was full. Like when you turn a jar upside down and hold it under water......no water enters the jar. This same action would be at work in the bore, pushing downward on the mix, and in turn more pressure would be built in the transfers.

Latest posts

Back