Has anyone ran this saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-techcowboy

N.A.O.T Racing
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if a cs-3510 would be a good limbing saw. I'm trying to find a job for a tree service and want to make sure I have a good grounds man saw. I have 6 others but as far as power to weight this little echo works dang well. Let me know your opinions.

Hey guys I was wondering if a cs-3510 would be a good limbing saw. I'm trying to find a job for a tree service and want to make sure I have a good grounds man saw. I have 6 others but as far as power to weight this little echo works dang well. Let me know your opinions.
As an employer I actually prefer that my guys use my saws and do not bring in their own. It's a liability thing if a saw gets broken.

I echo what the others are saying here. Don’t work for a tree service that doesn’t provide you with a saw. But yeah, Echo saws do a decent job. I know a few climbers that love their Echo top handles. I’ve used a few of them and they’re pretty good for a value saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an employer I actually prefer that my guys use my saws and do not bring in their own. It's a liability thing if a saw gets broken.
If that was a rule round here I would straight up quit my job. Ain't no way I'm running company saws, would rather starve and be buried 6 foot under!

If that was a rule round here I would straight up quit my job. Ain't no way I'm running company saws, would rather starve and be buried 6 foot under!
Lol yea I think I'd be the same cause I know my equipment and trust its operating correctly. Not only that the 2 echo saws I would take are less than a month old so I'd have 5 years of warranty to burn through before anything like that occurred even still I'd probably see if there was some kinda waver I could sign labeling the company not responsible for damage to personal equipment. I'm a motorcycle by trade and if I broke a tool on a pos atv I wouldn't make the shop buy me a new one because I'm the one in control of that tool and its use. Luckily most of my 72in snapon box drawers are full of lifetime warranty tools.

you trying to be an employee or contractor groundie? if employee, they need to provide a saw...if they expect you to provide you own saw to run ground work, RUN (don't walk) away!
Yea im looking for a job. I'll keep that in mind

Lol yea I think I'd be the same cause I know my equipment and trust its operating correctly. Not only that the 2 echo saws I would take are less than a month old so I'd have 5 years of warranty to burn through before anything like that occurred even still I'd probably see if there was some kinda waver I could sign labeling the company not responsible for damage to personal equipment. I'm a motorcycle by trade and if I broke a tool on a pos atv I wouldn't make the shop buy me a new one because I'm the one in control of that tool and its use. Luckily most of my 72in snapon box drawers are full of lifetime warranty tools.
You better read the fine print on that warranty, I think it is 2 years if used professionally, home use maybe, but 5 years?
Jeff

I think most tradesmen prefer to use their own tools. I play an electrician on TV and use my own stuff except the battery powered tools. Even then I make sure the boss gets me what I want. Union guys have to run whatever their employer provides, at that’s how they run from the hall in Seattle.
So, for some things I’ll let the employer provide tools. But for others I use my own and would trust what they provide. The most important for me is a meter or hot stick. I rely on those so I don’t get hurt. So it makes total sense that an arborist would want their own climbing by gear even if they are working for someone else. I guess the same could be said about the saws you use also

I think most tradesmen prefer to use their own tools. I play an electrician on TV and use my own stuff except the battery powered tools. Even then I make sure the boss gets me what I want. Union guys have to run whatever their employer provides, at that’s how they run from the hall in Seattle.
So, for some things I’ll let the employer provide tools. But for others I use my own and would trust what they provide. The most important for me is a meter or hot stick. I rely on those so I don’t get hurt. So it makes total sense that an arborist would want their own climbing by gear even if they are working for someone else. I guess the same could be said about the saws you use also
Yeah, for a climber, but not for a groundie

I see. Didn't know that for im am still learning. What do you have your guys running for limbing?
And echo CS 352 with a 16 inch lead or smaller it’s a great limb cutter fast and light Space upgrade with the Oregon lead and Oregon aggressive chain no substitutes for sharp chain nothing more dangerous than Dull chain.
It fatigues you faster and causes you to lean into work you shouldn’t have to lean into the work Danger the chain saw so be doing the work. Opinion

I believe it is good. I started my tree work 30 hrs. ago and had several Echo limping models. They are in a storage tote waiting for my time to recondition and use again or sell. One of the best Echo 2-handle saws I have is a CS-5000 that I bought new. I also bought a new two-handled CS-440 but it was underpowered. Then I upgraded to STIHL saws about 2007. My STIHL MS200T was a great workhorse for about 11 seasons then it was put aside for aDeWalt 20V cordless DCC620P.

Not sure why any ground is for a tree service would need to be running ported saws with square filed chain doing domestic tree work.
All my Blokes run our company saws, each crew is assigned a set of equipment that is there responsibility to maintain and care for.
The climbers are all provided with their own climbing equipment of their choice and there own company owned climbing saw.
That way we pay for all maintenance on all equipment, therefore no excuses for guys to be climbing on dodgy ropes, ****** saws etc

Back