Has there ever been a saw with oil injection?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the main problem with oil injection is how infrequently you'd have to fill it up, then people would forget to check, then you need some sort of warning light that you wouldn't see anyways until it is too late....
Also to have a tiny flexible pickup hose in a tiny tank that would always flop into the oil may be hard to do. All the other 2 strokes that are oil injected run "right side up", for the most part.
Ian

Hi all, 1st post, great site with lots of knowledgeable folks on here. I owned many 2 stroke bikes (yamaha) in the late 70's 80's and 90's and they all ran oil injection. Over 30,000 miles and never any probs. They had an oil warning light that came on when the tank got about 2/3 empty. Good design. But me thinks saws are best left pre-mix cos it don't complicate things for manufacture and keeps cost down and when all said n' done its easy to mix. That said, i see that a major saw company has a new cut-off saw on the market which has a sensor that detects if the fuel/oil mix is incorrect and will only run at idle speed until the proper mix or specified oil is used. I bet Sawtroll knows all about it. :)

Spitzer:
Sawtroll may not know about it, but I sure do, hint (it starts with an H). Also it only works with the special colored oil, if you use any other mix oil it needs to be premixed and the sensor system turned off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back