Hate it when that happens....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stix

Love me some big orange saws
Reaction score
Long story short. Got robbed. They took all my saws. Had a 3 saw plan going. Insurance covered it. Went shopping for the big saw today. Thought I might try and consolidate the med and bigger saw. Heard good things about the 562xp. Fully intended to try one out. Low and behold they had a big sale going. Ended up with a 395 to replace the 390. Lol. Oh well. Now to figure out what to do about the middle and small guy.

I'll look into that thread. I fingered a 543xp today and wasn't to terribly impressed. I know it's background and it would prob be a good saw but seemed cheap and not very well made. Kind of stuck out as a bastard among the others. Choke is different, caps ect. Kind of turned me off. Of course the proof is in the pudding. I do love me a hot little 40-45cc saw though. The stihl 241 looks awesome but I've never been a stihl guy really. And they sure don't give those away.... Lol

Yeah. It's an itch I've needed to scratch for awhile. Lol. Now about that medium saw.....Who's got a 543xp?

Bought a new 545 a couple months ago and love it.. XP build quality at the homeowner saw price. The 555 has a little more power behind it and might fit better as a mid-line saw. It's a 562xp with different tuning, but 100 bucks cheaper.

If you're into the red and black saws, the 2252 is the same as a Husky 545, and the 2258 is equivalent to a 555. Just some options to consider.

You would have a huge gap between the 43cc and your big saw.. In my opinion a hot 50cc saw would close it considerably and save your back somewhat.

True very true. Just got used to that whispy little 45cc number I had. A very underated size IMHO. I wish I could get the better jreds out here but there are NO dealers....

It was a 2245. Homeowner grade but it got the job done. Wouldn't mind something better. The 241 is lookin good. Stihls have just never been good to me.

It was a 2245. Homeowner grade but it got the job done. Wouldn't mind something better. The 241 is lookin good. Stihls have just never been good to me.
Brad did my 241cm- I did the MM and the 325 full chisel-- just a fun to run saw- smooth and lots of torque. Runs longer on a tank of fuel than I want to wait for a coffee break. This saw gets more run time than any saw I have. Brad can put a smile on your face every time you pull the rope!

I do like the 545. To be honest if I'm needing a 372 size saw I just throw the 24 on the 395. Maybe the 395, 545 and a too handle. Been wanting one forever. Lol

You can see my saw plan in my signature. When I work out I go to the gym. I guess I could have been using a 24 on a 395 to do mid saw work. Enjoy whatever you choose.

Latest posts

Back