Have you shopped at Duluth Trading Company?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my first and last trip to Duluth Trading I certainly had sticker shock! I couldn't believe the high prices. Also nearly everything was made in China. They do have good advertising but I finally had to tell them to quit sending me catalogs because I wasn't going to spend that much money on their imported crap. They need to change their name to Hong Kong Trading Co. It's got to be the Yuppies buying their stuff 'cause the working man can't afford it.
Lol...so true! It's like when you go to Harbor Freight and all the tool brands have American cities as names, like Chicago Electric or Buffalo Tools. Is anyone really fooled? All these guys like kids in a candy store gobbling them up like hot cakes. At least they have cheap prices though

They have underwear that sells for $27.50 for ONE PAIR. That's more than, well, way more than both of my pair cost me. Seriously, who pays $27.50 for underwear? It must be shart proof I reckon.

I've been wearing their jeans for years now. They fit me better than about all the others. I have no complaints. I've never been happy with Carharts. They never fit as well or held up as well as the Duluth ones.
Carhartts are a bit tight in the bum for work of any significance imo. Gotta get low if you wanna avoid screwing your back over excessively!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I've never tried their stuff. The new store is close by, so I'll have to check it out. Watched their building go up. There is an IHOP across the street I'd meet our son at once in a while for breakfast.
Been buying L.L. Bean shirts and jeans for years, and Carhartt winter wear when I was in the trades. I found a really heavy Cabella hoody last spring on sale, and love it.
Margaret bought me some Alpaca socks this fall. Unbelievable! You just can't dry them in the drier with your other stuff.

I've started buying their polo shirts and some pants. Their high priced but I always buy on sale. They seem heavy duty and I like the fact that I don't get a draft out back. I would not buy without a sale!

I’m extremely hard on clothes, especially jeans, and picked up a couple pair of their fire hose flex pants. I’ve had them for over 2 years with regular use at my job as a union crane/equipment operator and they barely have any wear showing at all. Are they pricey, ya but like many have already said, wait for a good sale. I’m usually a Walmart wrangler jeans kinda guy manly due to simply wrangler jeans fit me better than jeans of ANY price but I have bought numerous things from Duluth Trading and have zero complaints. Whoever is complaining about how their clothes look should probably stop having their wife dress them or stop buying stuff that doesn’t look good on them, they do have dressing rooms there to try stuff on for that specific reason and if you get something as a gift, TAKE/SEND IT BACK AND GET SOMETHING ELSE YOU DO LIKE for the love of god!

If the clothes were made in USA I would consider trying the firehose pants, but it is all imported. Like Cabellas- the great american outdoor store filled with imported goods at a higher price. I find it quite depressing.

I like their marketing, and their advertising, and pretty desperately wanted to like their stuff. I too am hard on pants, so when a sale offer arrived in an email I splurged on a pair of the firehose pants. They look good, fit fine, but I found a few things I didn't like. For instance, I found the pockets too short and the slash opening too low, so that the first time I got down on the ground/floor, I unloaded my pockets. I carry a treasure or two, an EDC knife I wouldn't want to lose, for one. First time on the floor of my living room when I was showing my grandson the finer points of his toy tractor - no foul, found my stuff right away. Second time in the woods rigging a log for my arch. I was lucky, I checked, and found my knife before moving the log. At that, I had my domestic partner do a fine laundry job and placed my expensive firehose pants in the bottom of my drawer, never put them on again. Recently, a store opened near enough for a visit, and my son tells me they have very interesting old tool displays, so I imagine I'll visit some rainy day. But, not likely my wallet will come out of my Tractor Supply jeans.

I had the same thoughts as many on here about Duluth and their pricing... I thought everything had to be way over priced. Until my wife bought me a pair of the duluthflex fire hose cargo pants. They fit very well, and are extremely comfortable. I don't think that the duluthflex fire hose stuff is quite as tough as the regular fire hose material but the comfort more than makes up for it. I now pretty much only wear duluth pants, have a couple shirts and shirtjacs and I love the stuff. I'm still not happy about how high things are, but like many I buy on sale - which they have fairly frequently. Overall I'm happy with the quality, love the comfort, and deal with the price.

I wear their underwear. My wife buys it on sale for $12-14 a pair which I think is a bit much. They do last me substantially longer than any other boxers I have tried and are comfortable.
I also have some of their t-shirts and one pair of fire hose pants. Both are awesome.

Just wait for the sales. There is always at least 10 sales a year. I have been wearing their Long Tail T's for many years.
I have yet to have one tear or the seams pull out. It will not shrink like so many T's do.

I have also bought seat covers for the Tacoma, and probably 5 pairs of the insulated tradesman work gloves over the years.

Back