Having trouble? Stihl MS 461 Price and Availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well whats the dealers standpoint that told me that he wasn't going to even try to find out about selling me a 1000.00 saw??

Just sayn....:cheers:

Well whats the dealers standpoint that told me that he wasn't going to even try to find out about selling me a 1000.00 saw??

Just sayn....:cheers:

no excuse for that. dealer i usually get stuff from will get me whatever i ask if they can get it.

Thats to bad for them, I want a 461r. If they don't want to sell a chainsaw I will find someone that does.

My problem is I LOVE having heated handles and the arctic versions of any Stihl saws are hard to come by in this area. Most all of my cuttin is done when temps are below freezing. Gettin older and got to keep the blood flowin. I've got less than $1000 into a new ported 7900 with heated handles. As much as I like the 461, that just ain't going to happen.

My problem is I LOVE having heated handles and the arctic versions of any Stihl saws are hard to come by in this area. Most all of my cuttin is done when temps are below freezing. Gettin older and got to keep the blood flowin. I've got less than $1000 into a new ported 7900 with heated handles. As much as I like the 461, that just ain't going to happen.

I have never ran a saw with heated handles, but I would like to...

I could use heated handles and a heated seat on the skidsteer too...

a3ehe2a3.jpg

I have yet to see a 461 on a shelf around here yet. I did see a spankin new ms440 on a shelf near Duluth, MN for $1039. How many do you want?? Lol...

I could use heated handles and a heated seat on the skidsteer too...

a3ehe2a3.jpg

I have yet to see a 461 on a shelf around here yet. I did see a spankin new ms440 on a shelf near Duluth, MN for $1039. How many do you want?? Lol...

hahahaha

scott aka tree monkey told me he finally got one in.

wont bailys or one of the shops out west ship one ?i guess im spoiled ,can just walk into the shop a few miles from here and grab a 461r off the shelf ,and if they sold the one they had only have to wait till friday for another one

wont bailys or one of the shops out west ship one ?i guess im spoiled ,can just walk into the shop a few miles from here and grab a 461r off the shelf ,and if they sold the one they had only have to wait till friday for another one

Same in my area of the world also :msp_thumbup:

I gotta go out west one day when a new saw comes out and get it long before any of the dealers here even hear about it...sounds like yawl got it made out that way. My sister lives in Seattle, maybe I'll go and visit her one day, I hate the thought of leaving my truck parked in some city with all my tools and such on it though....I hate citys and the cidiots that come with them.

I gotta go out west one day when a new saw comes out and get it long before any of the dealers here even hear about it...sounds like yawl got it made out that way. My sister lives in Seattle, maybe I'll go and visit her one day, I hate the thought of leaving my truck parked in some city with all my tools and such on it though....I hate citys and the cidiots that come with them.

Go to the STIHL store at Centralia that starts with an M.

I just priced a 461R today 25" ES b/c $1.009 and there in stock

This is the fourth dealer I've been to in the last few weeks pricing them

Bryan Equipment is not releasing the 461 until the 460s are gone. I doubt they will ever stock the R model.

Hmm.. Don't know who my dist. Would be- but i'm assuming them. I was able to get a 460r with just a click of a mouse- no special calls or nothing.
Though that was the 4th dealer I had been to, all the others had no clue nor no interest in what I was asking for.
My dealer still doesn't have a 461- which kind of sucks because I would like to see/hold/use one- but I'm pretty patient.

Adam

I just priced a 461R today 25" ES b/c $1.009 and there in stock

This is the fourth dealer I've been to in the last few weeks pricing them

You need to get to Centralia or Sedro Woolley, as both big saw shops there are about $130 less.

You need to get to Centralia or Sedro Woolley, as both big saw shops there are about $130 less.

I've been talking with members here on AS (in pm's) about prices on 461R and the price I got in Woolley a few weeks back is the best by far since I've already bought a few new saw's from them this year

Here was my last purchase from Woolley

DSC_7471.jpg

I can't find a pic that shows the sticker were it came from but that's were this one came from

Bryan Equipment is not releasing the 461 until the 460s are gone. I doubt they will ever stock the R model.

The dealers in my area act as if I am speaking German when I ask about a model variant like an R model. Huh, whats that? Parrott Implement here in Richwood gets stuff from Bryan as well.

Latest posts

Back