Having trouble with fuel in my neck of the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeAvilaTree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The gas at our local gas stations seems to be junk lately, having trouble with all my 2 stroke and even some of the 4 stroke equipment, I've tried buying higher grade fuel and different additives. Not much seems to be working well. Any of you fellas having the same problem? And if so what are you using to fix it?

The gas at our local gas stations seems to be junk lately, having trouble with all my 2 stroke and even some of the 4 stroke equipment, I've tried buying higher grade fuel and different additives. Not much seems to be working well. Any of you fellas having the same problem? And if so what are you using to fix it?

Startron and pre-mix at Wally World.

I've been using gas with either MTBE or the E-10 gas for close to 15 years now and use either Lucas Oil Fuel Stabilizer or Seafoam with good results.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

If you can't find anything locally enough for you with that link, a lot of guys here use 100LL avgas from the local airport. I've never used it but it has all good reports that I have read.

If you are stuck using e10, at least get the freshest you can, like from a real busy truck stop on an interstate, etc.

You can separate the ethanol out easily.

I use a 5+ gallon glass container that I put a drain valve in the bottom of. I add 5 gallons of gas and 2 quarts of water, and shake it up good. I come back the next day, and there is a very evident separation, a result of the fact that ethanol mixes with water, gasoline does not. And the ethanol/water are heavier than the gas, so they go to the bottom, hence the drain at the bottom. Drain them off, and you're good to go. I've been doing this for years, and never had a problem. Also, ethanol testers are readily available at most shops, and are very affordable (around $5 if I remember correctly).

Latest posts

Back