Hawken boiler leaking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems now the company is not returning phone calls, not a good sign.

Anyone besides me find it odd how some of these threads just seem to end with no resolution or closure?

:msp_sneaky:

Are y'all saying these boilers are not spayed with an epoxy coating of some kind? Water to mild steel to me is just not a good mix.

Are y'all saying these boilers are not spayed with an epoxy coating of some kind? Water to mild steel to me is just not a good mix.

If it's built properly, and maintained, mild steel should have a service life of at least 20 years in the application we're talking about. People's general misconception is that stainless steel is the best material for OWB's, but the simple fact of the matter is that stainless will not tolerate constant heat and cool cycles. It's a brittle metal to begin with and can't sustain constant expansion and contraction. Some grades of stainless actually lose their stainless properties when subjected to heat.

But anyway, I was curious why some of these threads just seem to go away right in the middle of the conversation.

Well, if you were wrong would you go back onto the thread and admit it? Sometimes you get what you pay for and complaining about it will only get you so far. I'm pretty sure most guys on here are smart enough to make their own conclusions on these bashing threads. And yeah I didn't read this whole thread again so maybe this ain't one but whatever. I buy and sell stuff all the time and when I sell sometime I tell the person everything I know about but if it's something I bought yesterday then there likely isn't much I know about it. But you buy it from me and something breaks or whatever then you better put on your big boy pants and suck it up cause it's ain't my problem. I don't offer any warranty, your eyes are as good as mine, I won't lie about something but if I don't know then I don't know. If you want a warranty then go buy it new and pay for a warranty. And on that matter if you buy the cheapest you find then you will likely get the cheapest that is made. When and that's when not if it breaks don't be surprised or pissed off, just remember that you bought the cheapest one.

Well, if you were wrong would you go back onto the thread and admit it? Sometimes you get what you pay for and complaining about it will only get you so far. I'm pretty sure most guys on here are smart enough to make their own conclusions on these bashing threads. And yeah I didn't read this whole thread again so maybe this ain't one but whatever. I buy and sell stuff all the time and when I sell sometime I tell the person everything I know about but if it's something I bought yesterday then there likely isn't much I know about it. But you buy it from me and something breaks or whatever then you better put on your big boy pants and suck it up cause it's ain't my problem. I don't offer any warranty, your eyes are as good as mine, I won't lie about something but if I don't know then I don't know. If you want a warranty then go buy it new and pay for a warranty. And on that matter if you buy the cheapest you find then you will likely get the cheapest that is made. When and that's when not if it breaks don't be surprised or pissed off, just remember that you bought the cheapest one.

The last thread that was posted before I posed my question was "It seems now the company is not returning phone calls, not a good sign." I don't care if it was a good product or bad, old or new, what happened after this? If someone didn't call back, did he just say 'the heck with it!'? Or did they eventually call back and tell him to pound sand? Or was the situation resolved in some other way? SOMETHING happened and after all the people that replied to this thread, I find it hard to believe that no one has ANY curiosity as to the outcome.

The last thread that was posted before I posed my question was "It seems now the company is not returning phone calls, not a good sign." I don't care if it was a good product or bad, old or new, what happened after this? If someone didn't call back, did he just say 'the heck with it!'? Or did they eventually call back and tell him to pound sand? Or was the situation resolved in some other way? SOMETHING happened and after all the people that replied to this thread, I find it hard to believe that no one has ANY curiosity as to the outcome.

No need to explain to cantoo. He's got a cucklebur under his saddle blanket that affects his thinking. He's just a little irritated.

Back