Hello my name is Alan and I am an addict

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitymouse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am officially addicted now. When I found this site I had 1 saw, an old Jonsered 455 that I had for 17 years. Now I have 5 saws. I just picked up a Stihl 038 super. The best part is that I don't have a fireplace or woodstove. All of my cutting is for friends or relatives. This really gets in your blood and it is hard to stop adding to the collection.

I know the first step to recovery is supposed to be admitting you have a problem, but what you've just done is like walking into a bar and admitting you're an alcoholic. You'll find no help here!

I have more saws than you and I don't own a tree or a fire.:cheers:

ONE Sick Puppy

I am officially addicted now. When I found this site I had 1 saw, an old Jonsered 455 that I had for 17 years. Now I have 5 saws. I just picked up a Stihl 038 super. The best part is that I don't have a fireplace or woodstove. All of my cutting is for friends or relatives. This really gets in your blood and it is hard to stop adding to the collection.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Poor Boy,,,,,think you got a problem,,,LOL Awwwwh He needs :help:

I know the first step to recovery is supposed to be admitting you have a problem, but what you've just done is like walking into a bar and admitting you're an alcoholic. You'll find no help here!

Yes, and let me be the first to buy you a drink! :cheers:

BTW...watch out for that Forsh guy...he's got the Queen's English... :hmm3grin2orange:

BTW...watch out for that Forsh guy...he's got the Queen's English... :hmm3grin2orange:

Cor blimey governor I haven't a clue what you on about. I'm orf up the apples & pears to bedfordshire now anyway.:hmm3grin2orange:

Cor blimey governor I haven't a clue what you on about. I'm orf up the apples & pears to bedfordshire now anyway.:hmm3grin2orange:

Loosely translated, I believe what he is saying here is that "Next time I see you, I will beat your @$$, and then have some nice fruit afterwards."

Stick with me, Alan...I know these English types..:laugh:

Thank you for the support.
With this type of support i will probably have to add on my house to support my habit.

As far as next saw to purchase it will probably be a top handle of some sort. Never know when I might have to climb a tree...

No Help Here?

what do you mean no help? Someone says one saw is good and you buy it, someone else says another is good and you but that one, where will you find help like that? Its like finding the back door to the distillery has the same key as your front door and you are a drunk. Remember, I'm not an addict, i don't have to go to meetings to stop, I go to places where they help you buy more saws. Its okay for me to buy a bar that doesn't fit any saws I own. With that I have justification to buy a saw that fits it. And at this site people agree, so what do you mean there is no help.

Wait a minute guys, this man has a serious problem. Cripes his join date is last month or one saw per week.

Dude, Id like put Ebay and yard sales on the ban list for a while and give the ole woman the checkbook and mad money,, at least till the rest of us catch up:ices_rofl:

It has actually been about 3 months. I was just reading for awhile before I joined. But yes I did get several saws in a short time.

Hey Woody, I think you've got it all wrong,,,,,That would be what is commonly referred to as the Kings English!!!!!!!!:givebeer: And Heinies @ that LOL:D

Jeepers Butch,, You are right!!!!

Wait a minute guys, this man has a serious problem. Cripes his join date is last month or one saw per week.

Dude, Id like put Ebay and yard sales on the ban list for a while and give the ole woman the checkbook and mad money,, at least till the rest of us catch up:ices_rofl:

Good call dude,,,, He,s definitely exibiting classic signs of Horrendous saws Amungus

Last edited:
Hey Woody, I think you've got it all wrong,,,,,That would be what is commonly referred to as the Kings English!!!!!!!!:givebeer: And Heinies @ that LOL:D

Only when the person on the throne's got a weiner...if the person has knockers ya got's to say Queen's English! (I think...)

BTW, congrats on post 500! :cheers:

I have vowed to buy no more saws since I bought an 066 last week and got an 064 from my wife for early valentines day present yesterday. I wont even be going to the saw shop untill at least wednsday and buy a baby saw. I promise..

Only when the person on the throne's got a weiner...if the person has knockers ya got's to say Queen's English! (I think...)

BTW, congrats on post 500! :cheers:

Well alrighty then,,,, Knockers it is, then,,,,,,,Long Live the Queen!!!!!

Oh thanks I didnt even notice about the 500th,,,,

Hey Mity,,,, How does that 038 run????? I've always heard good things about them,,,,,,:cheers:

I don't even have it yet. I just won it from ebay. I did a little work on my one of my 257's. This is my main saw. It runs a 20" bar pretty well now. I want to run at least a 24 or maybe a 28 on the 038. I want it mainly for the bigger stuff and flushing off stumps.
I will let you know how it runs as soon as I get it. Should be this week.

Mighymouse,

I don't want to make your situation any worse, but have you started tearing apart perfectly good saws yet? Have you ran a ported saw yet? Not that I have ever done it, but have you found yourself hiding cash in an old shoe? Ever brought a Bailey's catalog with you to the restroom at work?

It makes many feel better about themselves to find someone else they can look down on.

Glad I don't have your problems,

Luke

The line forms in the back....yeah, wAAAAAy back there....:ices_rofl:

Mark

Back