Help finding good trre trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so pretty much what you guys are saying is sub it out or climb, or I guess put somebodys' shoes on so they can run. I did try the local classifieds- that was interesting-.

Try the classifieds here if you haven't already. I had two great climbers come work with me doing storm damage a couple of years back that contacted me through the classifieds right here on AS.

Your close enough to me that I would travel to you in a storm event. Let's see what the Winter brings. To tell the truth though, I don't mind a light schedule in the fall and Winter. I like to do a lot of hunting and a little working... :D

I might try here on AS. Im really busy in the fall but I love winter get to do a little RnR, hunting etc. Until it starts warming up a bit, time to rebuild trailers, fix chippers, theres always something to do.

I worked fayetteville 2 winters ago, that was a mess, we did some really good work though down in the historic district.

Fayetteville, AR? I climbed 5 weeks there after that monster ice storm in the spring a year and a half ago. The place looked like tornado damage everywhere.

I might as well go off on this subject as I just hired on a top dollar pro sub to help me prune 15 small bradford pear trees. The end tally was : Me 12 Him 3. I don't know what else to say except I am really good cause I have to be and I need a ####ing drink. Not cause I did 12 ( plus pretty much chipped it all while waiting for him) but because the whole concept of the thing is extremely consternating as hell. I suppose I have to find relishment in the fact I am so dam good... still.

I might try here on AS. Im really busy in the fall but I love winter get to do a little RnR, hunting etc. Until it starts warming up a bit, time to rebuild trailers, fix chippers, theres always something to do.

You will have it hard trying to find talent this time of year.

I might as well go off on this subject as I just hired on a top dollar pro sub to help me prune 15 small bradford pear trees. The end tally was : Me 12 Him 3. I don't know what else to say except I am really good cause I have to be and I need a ####ing drink. Not cause I did 12 ( plus pretty much chipped it all while waiting for him) but because the whole concept of the thing is extremely consternating as hell. I suppose I have to find relishment in the fact I am so dam good... still.

I heard that treeman, sometimes I Think Im the only one that can get the production that I do/need on a daily basis, afraid to leave the job. Ill just keep on doin my thing. Got Bills!

Lmfao, woulda been the other way around if I were there, me 12 to your 3:hmm3grin2orange:

Location ain't helping you.

I never heard anyone say they were moving to Missouri.Met a lot of folks that say they left there though.

Even in the old cowboy movies everyone had moved out west from Missouri. You guys must breed fast, You never seem to run out of folks who are leaving.

I never heard anyone say they were moving to Missouri.Met a lot of folks that say they left there though.

Even in the old cowboy movies everyone had moved out west from Missouri. You guys must breed fast, You never seem to run out of folks who are leaving.

Thats funny,Either they come from the north or the south, escaping the heat or the cold. Im at lake of the ozarks, its a beautiful area, kinda touristy- lake homes and such. Winter is really laid back though.

Lmfao, woulda been the other way around if I were there, me 12 to your 3:hmm3grin2orange:

When I bring in a guy my thoughts are to not break his tushy so I don't have to listen to him cry. When I go out to work for other guys my thoughts are to get the guy paid no matter what.
This guy is allright on TD's, I should have known better to bring him out on these pears. All I really needed was a guy to pull the hangers out of my way and I don't think he would have needed to speak English for that cause i chipped it all myself any dam way.
But this guy even cries on TD's... even when it his own job! Oh, he has got ten years on the saddle and doesn't really like pruning pears. I told him give it another ten years and he will beg to prune pears cause it was good work and good money.
I do have to say it makes me feel good running circles over kids 12 years younger then me. Well, not really but it kinda does.

Last edited:
Hope you did not pay him top wages.
Jeff :)

Well, the kid isn't going to #### anything up and that is a big plus. I think he is ISA but that don't really mean a whole lot to me and I don't really think it means a whole lot to him.
He is " qualified" to perform which means he won't cut his twinky off with the chainsaw if I turn my back on him. I have sent him up some hazzards and he held his water so I put up with him.

Colt, Not that I'm interested or really even qualified anymore, but what are you paying your top climber? I worked line clearance in central Mo, union and all and as jorneyman trimmer I only made $10 an hour in the late 90's. I bet it's not more then $13 per hour today so if a guy left you for better wages......well that ain't saying much. Line clearance versus residential, while they both have their pros and cons, at the end of the day, you'll still burn the same amount of calories, so you don't leave one for another in hopes of a easy paycheck. Are you sure the other guy left to go do line clearance? If he didn't then he's probably just tired of tree work, if he did......well then he left for other reasons, because it sure wasn't for great pay or easy work, at least not in central Mo.

He did leave for line clearance the same company I worked with before I left for my own biz. Union line clearance good pay lots of bennies. He was being paid 20/hr. Plus all my employees get pd. holidays and 1 wk. pd. vac. per year. I also paid his health ins. Wish I could offer more but its hard. Especially if Ive got to babysit every #$%@ job! just got back from the races vroom vroom

Yea, we were Union to but last time I talked to one of my friends there he was still only making $11 something per hour as crew foreman, granted that was early 2000's. I think we were attached to KC's electric union, however we were not on their same pay scale. Do you know Eric Bradshaw, or Scott Fisher (not 100% on last name)? Eitherway, $20 per hour with health insurance is pretty good if you ask me. Good luck.

i wanted to move there few years back. never happend. was told if they didnt know you from 3 generations back, youd never get work. also heard it was horribly humid in the summer.

Ooops!

Thats funny,Either they come from the north or the south, escaping the heat or the cold. Im at lake of the ozarks, its a beautiful area, kinda touristy- lake homes and such. Winter is really laid back though.

I forgot all about that area.Never been but I have heard it's beautiful.My a:buttkick:pologies.

Im at lake of the ozarks pretty much in the center of the state, springfield is about 1 hr. 15 min. south down 1-44. It has been awful humid and hot this year looks like were cooling down though:clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back