Help finding good trre trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of a union pay scale that low. I started out as a groundie 10 yrs. ago at 12.88/hr. made journeyman within a year at 17.68 not bad with all the bennies too.

Never heard of a union pay scale that low. I started out as a groundie 10 yrs. ago at 12.88/hr. made journeyman within a year at 17.68 not bad with all the bennies too.

Yep, it was that way in Columbia. Groundman were below 8 bucks an hour. Did you work for Nelson, Asplundh, or who? That Fisher guy I mentioned was the GF out of the Ozark region working for Asplundh.

Dont get me wrong there are guys who can do it...BUT they avoid it like the plague, everyone wants the jobs where the wood stays, their bucket truck can perch right by the tree and the brush falls into the chipper, LOL

My team & I are usually burnt out by thursday, LOl..... the risks involved, the picky home owners, etc.. I actually have been raising my prices...and Im still getting work...I am very blessed & thankful!

I just wish we could land some easy work.....like a 50ft thin out or some elevation/trim back jobs............instead of the 80-100ft silver maple, pinoak, spruce tree(s) removal that are 5ft from the house, hang past the other side of the house & have a full blown landscape, water feature, trellis, deck, fence or other obstacle under them!! just to name a few!!

oh well............cant complain, as long as the checks are good, everyones safe & we can have fun....but not necessarily in that order! LOL

LXT..............
It is getting the home owner to understand the dangers and then they ***** when it cost them 6500 to take down a tree over 3 houses and a gas main and poerlines

Latest posts

Back