Help identify huskvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miguel Ganchas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi , I`m new here so, if this isnt the right place to ask, please move the thread :)

I Bought this old Husky, runs ok but i think has low compression and the brake is broken.

i have seen some photos in the net and im confused.

the brake handle is in metal and i cant see the nothing in the identifing plate.

Is it a XP, a SE XP, a XPG ?

does it makes difference to order new parts? (piston ring and brake)?

another thing i`ve noticed, there is a plastic part behind the clutch, is normal to move or has to fixed to de clutch?

thanks!

Miguel

thumbnail_1673514288056 (1).jpgthumbnail_1673514288076.jpgthumbnail_1673514288097.jpgthumbnail_1673514288118.jpgthumbnail_1673514288139.jpgthumbnail_1673514288158.jpgthumbnail_1673514288177.jpg

Welcome to the site. You have a true Frankensaw right there. It may well have been a 268...or not....top covers get changed out frequently one thing for certain, what ever it once was, it now sports either a 625 or 670 Jonsered top end and carb/intake as well as the choke pull. If it a 670 (50MM bore) the ring would be the same as a 268 Husky or a 625 (48MM bore) the same as a 61 Husky. My guess is it's a 625 top end.....but you won't know until you measure to find if it's a 48mm or 50 mm bore.
The brake looks to be the old style but any later Husky brake/clutch cover for this family will work.

Thank`s! it really seems to me to be strange.... , now its explained...

So, for start, i need to disassemble the top end and see if is 48 or 50mm, to get a new ring.. right?

Now, for complicate the things:

if is a 48mm can i upgrade-it to a 50 or 52 with that carb/intake? or not?

thank`s

Miguel

Thank`s! it really seems to me to be strange.... , now its explained...

So, for start, i need to disassemble the top end and see if is 48 or 50mm, to get a new ring.. right?

Now, for complicate the things:

if is a 48mm can i upgrade-it to a 50 or 52 with that carb/intake? or not?

thank`s

Miguel
You can get a close enough measure by removing the muffler and insert a thin piece of wood or box board with a rounded or pointed end all the way into the cyl and turn the flywheel by hand until the piston makes contact then put a enough pressure to show on the insert then measure that.

If it's a 48MM the only way to upgrade to larger will require a new P&C. That Jonsered carb won't work on any thing bigger than a 50MM (670) To go to a 52MM you would have to get the 272 Husky intake and carb.

Latest posts

Back