Help I'm Stumped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK It's an Echo SRM 280T weedeater. It runs fine for a few minutes and then slows down and will not take the gas and run WOT. But, it continues to idle fine.

So, I think gas line, or filter, or tank vent. Replace all three. Runs great for a minute or two and then slowly dies at WOT, won't take the gas, but continues to idle perfectly.

So, I think carburetor. Put a new carb on it, same thing.

So, I think igntion. Put a new ignition on it. Same thing.

Now, if it was seizing up after getting hot why would it continue to idle perfectly.

What am I missing??

Pull the muffler and check the exhaust port. We see lots of these get plugged up with carbon. Is the carb oem or one of the Aftermarket ones?

Pull the muffler and check the exhaust port. We see lots of these get plugged up with carbon. Is the carb oem or one of the Aftermarket ones?

It is OEM. I'll take a look at the exhaust. But, I don't understand if that was the case why it would run great for a few minutes before it decides to bog.

It is OEM. I'll take a look at the exhaust. But, I don't understand if that was the case why it would run great for a few minutes before it decides to bog.

I chased a similar problem...now the screen is at the top of my checklist.

Pressure test the crankcase. There's evidently enough impulse signal to pump a small amount of fuel, not enough to keep up with extended WOT.
Usually those symptoms describe poor fuel flow, such as a plugged fuel filter, kinked fuel line or a slight vacuum in the tank....you've covered those bases.

does it have a primer bulb?? I got a second hand leaf blower that acted similar. Found the two lines going to the bulb were swapped. Worth a look, good luck.

phew

Man im sure glad to see what I saw in this thread. From the title I thought we were gonna see some pics of stumpy in his banana hammock :msp_ohmy:

Back