Help me choose!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your only going to have one saw for firewood you want a 60cc saw. If you don’t like the cs-590 get a husky 555.
I would love to have the triple nickel....
Beautiful machine! It’s just hard to justify that kind of money for something I might use ten days out of a year...

I would love to have the triple nickel....
Beautiful machine! It’s just hard to justify that kind of money for something I might use ten days out of a year...

What could that possibly have to do with anything?

Do you want a premium tool or don’t you?

If you don’t, then you’ll be well satisfied with a number of different saws in your price range

If you do, then stop waffling and just buy what you want.

If that 2159 is a good saw, it is the best out of anything mentioned yet, imo.

If you don’t, then you’ll be well satisfied with a number of different saws in your price range

In the past ten years I have bought six new saws. I do not think I needed them all, but if one of the saws that i often use has a simple problem then the backup saw becomes priceless. The same with a solid value saw after two years of use and it still chugs along just fine it then becomes priceless too. Buy what you need and sleep well. Thanks

When I started this thread I said in the first post that I was looking at saws $500 and lower...

I appreciate all the responses from all of you guys who are more knowledgeable than me on chainsaws.
So if I need 60cc saw and am not loving the Timberwolf, what are some other options under $500? Husky 460?

I have had a husky 450 for a number of years. I don’t have any other 50cc saw to compare it to. I can only compare it to other saws I have ran which have been 34cc,60cc and my 390. It has not given me any issues. It is stock, no MM or anything. I used it for years alone before I got the 390. It’s not a pro grade saw but it’s ok for what it is. I run a 20” bar on mine but it’s probably better suited for an 18”.

I appreciate all the responses from all of you guys who are more knowledgeable than me on chainsaws.
So if I need 60cc saw and am not loving the Timberwolf, what are some other options under $500? Husky 460?
Picked up a new 562 for 580otd. Will call tomorrow on a 555 and pm you if deals are still ongoing .

I’d much rather have the Timberwolf.

They are an acquired taste. They feel a little cheesy at first. The air filter kinda sucks a bit, the pull cord feels kinda cheap (but seems to work well), the plastic may FEEL or LOOK kinda cheap ( but it’s not), they don’t feel very good in the hands while not running (but feel much better when running, if maybe just a little buzzy)...

What they do have is a good feeling motor with plenty of torque, but not a screaming top. I haven’t run a Rancher in several years, but when I ran a 460 about 4 or 5 years ago I couldn’t wait to put it down and grab my own saws. I find me grabbing my Echo quite often. In Canada it takes a near 1000.00 saw to beat it. And yes, the 1000.00 saws are quite a bit nicer, but a Rancher is certainly not, imo.

How much is that 555? That is a premium saw, tuned for the not-necessarily premium operator (me and likely you too).

I’d much rather have the Timberwolf.

They are an acquired taste. They feel a little cheesy at first. The air filter kinda sucks a bit, the pull cord feels kinda cheap (but seems to work well), the plastic may FEEL or LOOK kinda cheap ( but it’s not), they don’t feel very good in the hands while not running (but feel much better when running, if maybe just a little buzzy)...

What they do have is a good feeling motor with plenty of torque, but not a screaming top. I haven’t run a Rancher in several years, but when I ran a 460 about 4 or 5 years ago I couldn’t wait to put it down and grab my own saws. I find me grabbing my Echo quite often. In Canada it takes a near 1000.00 saw to beat it. And yes, the 1000.00 saws are quite a bit nicer, but a Rancher is certainly not, imo.

How much is that 555? That is a premium saw, tuned for the not-necessarily premium operator (me and likely you too).

https://www.chainsawsdirect.com/Husqvarna-966-45-19-05-Chain-Saw/p71994.html

Latest posts

Back