Help w/Tree Value & Neighbor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't add much more than whats already been said other than this, Check with a local real estate appraiser. Here in Ohio they put a value on your landscape and trees when they appraise your property. Trees around here add any where from $500 - $3000 to a property's value depending on type, maturity & condition. From the looks of the tree let the neighbor have it taken down complete at his expense including the stump. Then put up a nice new one about 20ft away from the hedge row so it doesn't grow back over the neighbors lot. Good luck.:bang:

Thanks everyone for all your help...
We are playing the wait and see game now I think. I have one of our state foresters coming to look at it on the 26th. He thinks he can assess it properly and give me what I need in writing. I'm sure he'll say much of what you all have already told me too!

Funny side note, we checked on the shade situation and it's not even our tree shading the pool...even at the highest sun point of the day it's not even close. We were outside almost all weekend...the neighbor cleaned his pool THREE TIMES yesterday...it was 70F and no one was swimming yet.

JenBerte,

With each new post it sounds more like a neighbor problem than a tree problem. You would be better off coming to some compromise about the situation. Around here your neighbor would have just taken it down without asking.

Good luck.

Back