Help with 70e oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonsered-52E

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to take out the oil pump out to put on new seal. How do I do this? If I take out the oil leaner/enrichener out and the 2 screws that hold on a cover in the front will it slide out? Or do I need to split the case?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1150065457.jpg
    Snapchat-1150065457.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Snapchat-1937945360.jpg
    Snapchat-1937945360.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220225_181540.jpg
    20220225_181540.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
So I'm trying to take out the oil pump out to put on new seal. How do I do this? If I take out the oil leaner/enrichener out and the 2 screws that hold on a cover in the front will it slide out? Or do I need to split the case?
On the front of the saw (your middle pic) remove the two screws in the teardrop shaped plate and remove that. Then screw the screw (or a longer screw) into the center hole of the pump body and either pry or lock onto it with vice grips and pull it straight out. It may require some force but there is nothing holding it in other than friction.

On the front of the saw (your middle pic) remove the two screws in the teardrop shaped plate and remove that. Then screw the screw (or a longer screw) into the center hole of the pump body and either pry or lock onto it with vice grips and pull it straight out. It may require some force but there is nothing holding it in other than friction.
Okay ill give it a shot. How many turns should I do to get the oil pump too make it to the factory setting?

So the pump is out and the Orings has flat spots on it. Would air beable to leak around it into the crankcase?

Attachments

• 20220226_112053.jpg
    20220226_112053.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 2
So the pump is out and the Orings has flat spots on it. Would air beable to leak around it into the crankcase?
Well they could but I've not seen any air leaks to the crankcase through the oil pump.....if they fail they just generally leak oil to the outside or don't allow the oil pump to work.

As far as adjusting the oil pump rate I generally set them up to run out about the same time as the fuel. This is just done by trial and error. Would guess that factory initial setting would be midway in the adjustment..

Well they could but I've not seen any air leaks to the crankcase through the oil pump.....if they fail they just generally leak oil to the outside or don't allow the oil pump to work.

As far as adjusting the oil pump rate I generally set them up to run out about the same time as the fuel. This is just done by trial and error. Would guess that factory initial setting would be midway in the adjustment..
I've been running the saw and it runs wonderful. I set the oil pump to 2 turns and it pumps out a bit of oil. The saw cuts extremely quick.
Thanks for the help with this

Back