Stihl 034 AV oil pump/hose install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, here is the photo....

While I'm here, I'll mention a doubt I am having about the plastic worm gear that came with the oil pump. As I turn the gear, the little bar projecting from it comes into contact with surrounding parts, unless it is perfectly centered. When perfectly centered, it may have 1mm clearance, but there is definite wiggle room between the gear and the shaft. Is this normal?
The bar projecting from the plastic drive gear must not slip where it is positioned on the gear, it needs to be tight and not slip as that is what turns the plastic gear that then drives the pump. If that bar is loose then the plastic gear is worn where the bar should clamp tight to it. That bar in turn fits in a notch in the clutch drum that applies the force to turn the oil pump through the parts already mentioned. Forgive me If I did not understand your question correctly.

The bar projecting from the plastic drive gear must not slip where it is positioned on the gear, it needs to be tight and not slip as that is what turns the plastic gear that then drives the pump. If that bar is loose then the plastic gear is worn where the bar should clamp tight to it. That bar in turn fits in a notch in the clutch drum that applies the force to turn the oil pump through the parts already mentioned. Forgive me If I did not understand your question correctly.
Stihl calls that bar a worm spring just for book reference.

No worries, I appreciate it. The bar itself is firmly attached to the worm gear. The gear, on the other hand, wiggles around. I was advised earlier that it looks like I am missing a bushing there.

Latest posts

Back