Help with a 262xp part...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Having trouble finding the right part. Looking for the front rubber av plug. Below is the part number and the part that I got when I ordered it from a dealer. The hole it goes in measures around .810 and the rubber part measures around .750. The old part is also longer. Help me find the right part please!
99e35b4f5072a913c751c0ed7ac9712e.jpg
27527ce0b49e6a6f5b8b7d875c9eaf69.jpg
ec48aabb6f46be3cffdcd6a55e3770a1.jpg
cfd95a8735c4cdf98098f1dfb9f06e35.jpg

I might be confused but thought that the 262xp had spring mount tanks and the 254xp had rubber mounts? How about a picture of the tank set up or numbers off the tank.

Spring mounts for the connection, rubber for the added support and antivibe. 503524101 is at the front of the saw, 503540901 is at the rear. Both still available to order.

The newer 262's had a spring mount in the rear on the starter side, early had rubber.

Spring mounts for the connection, rubber for the added support and antivibe. 503524101 is at the front of the saw, 503540901 is at the rear. Both still available to order.

The newer 262's had a spring mount in the rear on the starter side, early had rubber.
Thats what number I did order and the part is too small? Did I get the wrong part sent? Husky dealer support around my area is terrible! Let me know.

Thats what number I did order and the part is too small? Did I get the wrong part sent? Husky dealer support around my area is terrible! Let me know.
I don't see many 262's around here but perhaps it's not supposed to fill the hole entirely, rather allow some play but limit further movement. Either that, or the one you removed is incorrect to start and the new one is correct. It's tough to tell without having both front and rear mounts in front of you to see the difference and know whether or not the old part is correct. That side rubber piece is not the main AV, the spring is. The rubber is an added piece of support. There are rubbers inserted on other saws such as 346xp that are way smaller than the hole they are in, they serve their purpose and they are also not part of the main AV system, but rather a secondary part.

Also the IPL is a little confusing, there is a lower rear rubber insert along with the upper rear spring.

That looks right for the one by the oil fill. The old ones swell up from oil. I'm pretty sure it expands when you tighten up the screw.

Jeremy

That is the correct part number that you ordered. I think it is more of a bumper, than part of the antivibe. Should have 3 springs 2 in the rear and one on the clutch side front.

Jeremy
Yep one spring on clutch side front and two on top in the back. I know the number is correct to all the ipls I looked at. I was just wondering if I got the wrong part delivered since its shorter and thinner?

Back