Help with ID of old Poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky hustler

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This one is an OLD poulan. The metal name plate on top reads: Model:S-33
Serial Number: 144276.
I am looking for a recoil spring. Thanks for any help!

hi can you send me a picture of this unit also if you can find any other numbers that will help also if not i am a poulan dealer so i will contact poulan on monday and see if they can go into the archives and track this model down

i will get back with you on this part smart does not show this so it is possible a old old saw thanks

I have an IPL for the Super 33 but it doesn't give the break down for the starter assembly. The part no. for the entire starter assembly is 4208. This IPL is dated 4/71.

04/71 That is about right! I will have my camera tomorrow, I will post some pics of this rascal. I also have an old Craftsman in my shop right now (all cast painted the vintage "puke" green) I will take some snapshots of as well. I greatly appreciate the help offered here, take care and if there is ever anything I can do in return, don't hesitate to ask!

The starter spring that is in that saw can be replaced with any of the following model Poulans. 31,32,33,53,54,62,66,68,71,72,82,85,86,91,92 I may have left off a few models. Depending where the spring is broke you may be able to repair it, by heating the end red hot and bending a little then repeat the process until you have the hook on the end. I have fixed a lot of them this way. I have a model super 33 and the chain reduction model which is the 32. And the part # is 4223, yes this is a four digit part #.

The starter spring that is in that saw can be replaced with any of the following model Poulans. 31,32,33,53,54,62,66,68,71,72,82,85,86,91,92 I may have left off a few models. Depending where the spring is broke you may be able to repair it, by heating the end red hot and bending a little then repeat the process until you have the hook on the end. I have fixed a lot of them this way. I have a model super 33 and the chain reduction model which is the 32. And the part # is 4223, yes this is a four digit part #.

i actually have some obsolete starter springs for the poulans thanks
calvin

to answer your question on the part # its 530-004223

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back