Help with poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... I took off the little cover of (The Oiler) and all that is in there is a foam filter and a tube leading to the oil hole. I am looking for what ever should be supplying the pressure, or not in this case. Also, behind the clutch is a cap screw that is hollow and appears to be an adjuster of some kind. Between the cap screw and the oil hole is the end of what appears to be a hinge of some sort.

I followed the link to the parts catalog and they don't list an oiler for a Micro XXV. :rolleyes:

I'll wait until morning and have another look at it.

Evenrude , the Micro XXV illustration of the oil tank pressure check valve (find number 16) is shown in the 'Handle,chain assembly drawing .

Doh! I should have known that!

So Scott, If I clean this system real well it should work?
Also do you think I could use bar and chain oil or is that to tacky for an already marginal system?

Last edited:
If you need parts, ask me, I've got a whole saw I can send you, ity needs some seals but will run.

cleaning

Evenrude , before you edited your post I sent you a PM asking you what the filter and oil tube looked like . If I were you I would clean the foam filter and make sure the oil tube is clear then rinse out the oil tank with kerosene . Why do you think that the tacky bar oil would be too much for a marginal system ? Something that has not been asked is , do you have the correct bar on the saw ? Does the bar oil hole line up with the saw oil outlet ?

Well ya know Scott, I didn't think to look at the bar. I just assumed it was the right one. (And we all know what that means) I'll go take a look.
As for my wanting to know about the oil, I should confess right now that I know nothing about chainsaws and oiling systems. Thats why I am picking your folks collective brains. I was thinking if the 30 wieght was not getting through, how could something that is tackier get through.
So, I,ll go out and give this thing a good cleaning as you suggested and I'll let you know what happens.

if youknow little about saws. get a stihl ,jonsonred husk . many other good saws out there.. ive owned and enjoyed the pro 295.. but for a man who has to tajke the saw in ,anytime its not working right.. go with one that will be built to a little higher standards.. jmo

hey scott

it ran out of the pump out onto the bar, and this was a new saw, they at poulan said it was normal and just drain the tank after each use..

Wont cracking open the oil fill cap on these help bleed off pressure so they wont leak so bad? Seems like I heard that. I do it on a couple of less expensive saws like this that I have and I think it works. They are older models but still have the same type of oil rig I think.

scott

not a clue, just an 800 number with a person who had no clue what i was talking about. kind of the, thats just how it is thing i guess.....

Back