Here comes Ivan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday morning. Here's some more satellite images, and a storm track map. Murphy's storm path image, may happen, but if you look at the path it's been on, it will really have to take a deliberate right veer to hit northern Florida head-on. I'm no expert on hurricanes, but my feel is it's going to plow right through the Gulf of Mexico and come up and kiss Master Blaster in Louisana.

No matter where it makes landfall, it won't be pleasant.

We were sure Andrew was gonna go deeper into La than it did. I don't mind storm work when I can sleep in my own bed every night.

Ivan's gonna be a beech.:(

our plan is to watch the storm closely and at the moment of landfall, head there. :eek: we will be prepared to cut our way into the right neighborhoods and get busy within hours of the storm clearing the area. hopefully the storm will hit (forgive me here, I'm very pragmatic) a fresh area without so many walking wounded. These people have suffered enough, I have covered a lot of ground here and I really hope Ivan leaves these people alone now.

I have a partner in Wmsbg , Va waiting my call to send a crane,
bucket truck, bobcat, loaders, trucks, whatever we need. good climbers are already here. (means you robert)

we have to decided to chase Ivan hard, anywhere. and I really like rolling the dice.

I think God made Cuba just for putting 'English" on hurricanes. I don't know whether to wish for it to hit the already hit areas or find new ground. May it weaken in the Gulf and downgrade a bunch.:angel:

i got to give one heck of a lot of credit to those guys who clear up after storms in the carribean i mean how hard and dangerous must it be for those guys with so little equipmant ie no cranes or buckets even decent climbing /rigging gear i bet there are a lot of unfortunate fatalities..i realy have to take my hat off to those guys in jamaica ,grenada and all the other effected islands

Monday morning status. western Cuba can evacuate to eastern Cuba, unlike the Jamaicans who had nowhere to run. The Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, to the west, will get spanked too. The storm is crawling along slowly.

With land contact on both sides, it could disorganize the storm to some degree. Entering the Gulf of Mexico, where the water is warmer, the storm could also strengthen. We'll know by Wednesday, or so. Will keep you posted.

That is pretty scary, Mike. I hadn't thought of the decades of pollutants that have accumulated in the muds offshore, that will be churned up and spewed inshore.

Well, here's the Wednesday morning satellite update. Looks like landfall begins today. Our collective blessings go to those in the path.

got a good crew starting to man up, equiptment on standby in VA, crane ASAP,
we are gonna tear it out the frame, dog!

i wanna go to new orleans, Where is the biggest golf course/gated community in the mobile area. or near there?

Here's the Wednesday night satellite images. Holy moly. There should be ample treework for you stormchasers, probably all the way up into mid-state Georgia by the week's end.

You all be careful out there. Unpredictable events with the trees, electricity, as well as human behavior.

Latest posts

Back