Here's an ad for 070AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Reaction score
I got this ad off of eBay. I'd love to see one in person and run it. Enjoy...

attachment.php

Hey 7oaks I just found an 075 that looked brand new in the NC mountains this past week. When LP showed it to me I bout wett my draws. I tried my best to talk him out of it and all he kept saying was not for sale. I'd been happy if he'd let me take it out and cut a cookie or 2 with it but that was a no go to. He had some killer saws but all of um I wanted he no saled on me :censored: maybe next time.

Hey 7oaks I just found an 075 that looked brand new in the NC mountains this past week. When LP showed it to me I bout wett my draws. I tried my best to talk him out of it and all he kept saying was not for sale. I'd been happy if he'd let me take it out and cut a cookie or 2 with it but that was a no go to. He had some killer saws but all of um I wanted he no saled on me :censored: maybe next time.

Wait a sec - are you saying LP wouldn't sell it to you or even let you run it? Naw - you must mean that LP spotted it and the owner wouldn't - Right? Otherwise kick him outa the house...LOL

Wait a sec - are you saying LP wouldn't sell it to you or even let you run it? Naw - you must mean that LP spotted it and the owner wouldn't - Right? Otherwise kick him outa the house...LOL

Yes that's it LP found it first, the owner wouldn't even talk about selling them.

NC Mountains huh? Could I possibly get a 10-20? :)

I think a quick grab and run and the 075 could have been his, lol.

070s and 090s sure do have a great look, and I know for a fact that 7oaks 090 will cut. Made me drool a little thinking about it.

They fyler is really neat Carl. Well worth the investment IMO.

I'd love to see one in person and run it.

Well ,if you're ever in the UK, you're welcome to have a go with my 070s....and then we can compare with the 090s and the newly built Contra S!

In the meantime, I have an alternative "simulation":

1) Take a 460 or a 660 (any biggish saw will do)
2) Strap about 15 pounds of lead to the bottom.
3) Snap off half of the fins on the cooling fan so it is massively unbalanced
4) Go cut wood!

They're great saws!

I have an 070av. It's one of my favorites saws of all time.

I almost made the mistake (IMO) of converting it over to an 090av. But the 070's are a much rarer animal. Since most guy brought the 090 or converted theirs over to 090.

If you were close I'd like you take a cut or two with it. Nothing sounds like a 070 or 090.

sorry for the thread jack but does anybody know where i can find out some info on an 096? all i know about them is they were discontinued in the late 70's - early 80's?

im an avid stihl collector . never hear of a 096 . there was an experimental 090 10 cube but to my knowledge no such saw ever was built. now there were the older two man saws built by stihl but not one with an 096 name to it , not very familiar with the older two mans. one of them night have been a twin cylinder .

Back