hey guys i got my ryobi 10532 yesterday!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
well i seen the box at my door step when i came home from work. pulled it out of the box it looked brand new except for the greasy handle and fuel smell in the tank (im glad to see they tested it at the factory. it came with a scrench and owners manual. i had to put the bar and chain on which was a pain cuse once i took off the clutch cover it took me an hour to get it back on cuse the metal band inside of the plastic cover was a very tight fit on the clutch. that was with even reading the manual. the bar doesnt look perfect with paint chips but who cares. so i mixed up some fuel and put bar oil in. it took maybe 20 pulls to get it goin for the first time. it fired, i let it idle for 30 secs gave it alot of gas reving it bogged, then i gradualy increased the throttle instead it liked that, and after that it ran perfect no matter what i did. it was night time so i couldnt cut anything with it but i started it. this morning i started it up took probably 7 pulls, and it zipped through cuts on a dead tree, that my other 3 saws took 6 times longer. the saw feels quality wise like a echo, very good, not anything like a poulan where everything fells like its gonna break. though the killswitch reminds me of the new homelites well i love this saw! im glad you guys lead me onto it. very light saw by the way. well i just thought id give you guys my little review. one question why is there two different hoses in my fuel tank? at first i noticed a black hose with no fuel filter so i thought they left it out, great a chainsaw isnt the best machine to have without a filter with all the saw dust on and around the fuel cap, it also looks likes theres a clear hose in there too, i cant tell as i have fuel in the tank. but im hopeing the clear one is the fuel line and has the filter on it. what would the black one be a vent?
thanks guys.

well i seen the box at my door step when i came home from work. pulled it out of the box it looked brand new except for the greasy handle and fuel smell in the tank (im glad to see they tested it at the factory. it came with a scrench and owners manual. i had to put the bar and chain on which was a pain cuse once i took off the clutch cover it took me an hour to get it back on cuse the metal band inside of the plastic cover was a very tight fit on the clutch. that was with even reading the manual. the bar doesnt look perfect with paint chips but who cares. so i mixed up some fuel and put bar oil in. it took maybe 20 pulls to get it goin for the first time. it fired, i let it idle for 30 secs gave it alot of gas reving it bogged, then i gradualy increased the throttle instead it liked that, and after that it ran perfect no matter what i did. it was night time so i couldnt cut anything with it but i started it. this morning i started it up took probably 7 pulls, and it zipped through cuts on a dead tree, that my other 3 saws took 6 times longer. the saw feels quality wise like a echo, very good, not anything like a poulan where everything fells like its gonna break. though the killswitch reminds me of the new homelites well i love this saw! im glad you guys lead me onto it. very light saw by the way. well i just thought id give you guys my little review. one question why is there two different hoses in my fuel tank? at first i noticed a black hose with no fuel filter so i thought they left it out, great a chainsaw isnt the best machine to have without a filter with all the saw dust on and around the fuel cap, it also looks likes theres a clear hose in there too, i cant tell as i have fuel in the tank. but im hopeing the clear one is the fuel line and has the filter on it. what would the black one be a vent?
thanks guys.

They're a pretty cool little saw, I'm just surprised its taking that many pulls to start. using the primer bulb it takes 2 maybe 3 to fart and then one more to start.

Congrats on the new saw. Where are the pix? You can't get a new saw and not show us pix. lol

They're a pretty cool little saw, I'm just surprised its taking that many pulls to start. using the primer bulb it takes 2 maybe 3 to fart and then one more to start.

im thinking its cuse its still new i probly have 5 mins total run time by now. the dead firewood i was cutting had alot of dirt under the bark so i didnt wanna cut the entire tree up, im always to carefull when i have new things though lol

Honestly, the saw isn't mine. my bro (Banacanin) had it shipped to my place. It literally has less than a handful of cuts done with it so I've never had to take the clutch cover off. I'd go try it now but it's at my shop. I'll do it Monday when I go back to work.

Honestly, the saw isn't mine. my bro (Banacanin) had it shipped to my place. It literally has less than a handful of cuts done with it so I've never had to take the clutch cover off. I'd go try it now but it's at my shop. I'll do it Monday when I go back to work.

mine has the maybe 3 cuts cuse i needed to be somewhere and didnt wanna hurt the new chain with 2 inches of dirt on the tree. oh and yea i had to take the cover off to get the bar and chain on since its shipped with it off. oh and it did come off pretty hard but putting it on was imposable, and they want me to take the cover off to clean the saw frequently that would be a nightmare. thanks

My 10532 is a fun little saw. You'll enjoy it for sure. But I do have the same issue with it flooding every now and again, doesn't take much.

Once it's flooded I can never get it started. Letting it sit for 20 minutes or more seems to "let it settle" and she fires right up.

I recall the clutch cover being a pain the first time I put it on for about a minute or so... Although I'm sure it was just operator error. :)

My 10532 is a fun little saw. You'll enjoy it for sure. But I do have the same issue with it flooding every now and again, doesn't take much.

Once it's flooded I can never get it started. Letting it sit for 20 minutes or more seems to "let it settle" and she fires right up.

I recall the clutch cover being a pain the first time I put it on for about a minute or so... Although I'm sure it was just operator error. :)

which B/C combo are you running?

woodchuck i was thinking the same thing about it being operator error even though i had the manual next to me. my saw also kept bogging after a few mins of use suddenly. i was thinking the gas was too low alredy

I'm sure some have seen it but to add to the thread I'll embed the vid...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSTBubXJtSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSTBubXJtSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back