Hey, Sawtroll - Cold up there yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
04ultra said:
Thanks Andy ...I could eat that ...

The power of google! I'm sure I could have driven to Ballard and asked someone, but then I'd get stuck in the traffic for an eternity!:hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll said:
Well, not quite about the lutefisk - we seldom has that, as my wife (who was born in Lavangen) doesn't like it much - not a big loss, I prefer ribbe and pinnekjøtt anyway....;)

Actually, the darkness doesn't have a very large impact on normal life, except more time is spent indoors and none in the woods:cry: :cry: ...

awww, dont you have any smoked reindeer or moose at your cabin or did you just forgot to mention it? :biggrinbounce2:

i actually pity those poor non-scandinavian ppl with no mooses and reindeers :hmm3grin2orange:

blis said:
i actually pity those poor non-scandinavian ppl with no mooses and reindeers :hmm3grin2orange:
:ices_rofl:
We have moose around the cabin, and occationally reindeer, but they are alive, not smoked.

Btw, there are plenty of both in N-A, but of course not everywhere. :popcorn:

I used to live in Seattle, and have been through Ballard (where the Swedes live) so that gives me permission foir this joke. You'll have to provide your own accents. (I think it may have come from The Praire Home Companion radio show).

One day Arne said to Sven:

I have these skunks living under my porch; I can't get rid of them and I'm afraid that I'll get sprayed. What can I do?

Sven:

Toss some Lutefisk under there, and that will drive them out!

Arne a couple days later:

Hey Sven, your idea worked great, sort of.

Sven:

What do you mean?

Arne: Well, the skunks left, but now how do i get rid of the Finns under there?

:ices_rofl:

As it left out the Norwegians, troll will have a good laugh. He'll likely miss the part about the accents though :)

Last edited:
:laugh: :laugh:

...but I don't even know if the Finns eat lutefisk, so I am a bit suspicious about the original text - good try though....:rockn: :rockn:

SawTroll said:
:laugh: :laugh:

...but I don't even know if the Finns eat lutefisk, so I am a bit suspicious about the original text - good try though....:rockn: :rockn:

nah, we dont eat :p we only drink beer and booze and eat smoked meat :cheers:

Well, I eat it when I have the chance, with lots of bacon and /or fat from ribbe.
As I said, my wife doesn't like it, so I don't eat it often - and it is not a big deal.... :cheers:

Btw, have anyone tried to eat Rakafisk????? :jawdrop:

SawTroll said:
Well, I eat it when I have the chance, with lots of bacon and /or fat from ribbe.
As I said, my wife doesn't like it, so I don't eat it often - and it is not a big deal.... :cheers:

Btw, have anyone tried to eat Rakafisk????? :jawdrop:

I found one last night under my dock, tried it but threw up :laugh: :laugh: "partially fermented trout" hmmmm.... Yummy, if you are a buzzard!

My Wife's Great Grandparents were both Norwegian - "Olsen", but even she will draw the line eating that...

Doctor Dave said:
I'm always getting jokes wrong. I was probably supposed to say "How do I get the Norwegians out from under there?

You can say it all you like, but the answer is simple - you'll have to starve them out in the spring (June...) - they hibernate the rest of the year!:buttkick:

Lakeside53 said:
.... My Wife's Great Grandparents were both Norwegian - "Olsen", but even she will draw the line eating that...
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :blob2:

:bowdown: -so do lots of people here.......

Last edited:
So.. what does this all say??? I can figure out about 25% of it..

It must be good stuff, or really bad - you sing songs about it! is this what happens after the Aquavit?:biggrinbounce2:

Hellbillies - Rakafisk

Du kan reise heile jorde rundt på dyre resturanga,
og smaka alt som kjøpast kan for peng.
Men dei kostelege retta som bi båre inn på bordet
dæ'æ 'kji dæ ein ekta nordmann treng!

Finst 'kji maken te rakafisk, med lauk og lefse!
Ein luksusrett på ekta gamalt vis.
Eg vil påstå at rakafisk med lauk og lefse
er eit kjemisk produkt verdt ein nobelpris!

I tyskland æt du Sauerkraut, i England fær du pudding.
I Kina kan du smaka mykji godt!
Dæ'æ fint med franske snegla og ein pizza frå Milano,
men eg veit noko som æ like flott.

Urgh... This is bringing up my childhood. There is something eqiually bad in in NZ... "mutton bird".

The chick of a Petral that packed in cans, cooked (barely) and the covered with wax to preserve. Tastes like bad slimey chicken, but with a strong rotten cod flavor. Every time I smell bad fish I get a flashback.

Back