Hey, Sawtroll - Cold up there yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Better??

Hey Ultra... hang out at some bars on Tuesday night - plenty of cute witches to be had... I mean photo'ed:hmm3grin2orange:

From another tread;

ciscoguy01 said:
What's the coldest you've seen there???
Not sure, but around here minus 35 celsius is quite rare, except for a couple of known "cold spots".

I have been into minus 47, but that was further North, when I lived in Finnmark, back around 1980.

It was minus 24 this morning also, minus 27 last night, but it is getting "hotter" now....:clap:

Such temps are not usual at this time of the year.

I have never used a chainsaw in colder weather than about minus 15, I think.....

SawTroll said:
From another tread;

Not sure, but around here minus 35 celsius is quite rare, except for a couple of known "cold spots".

I have been into minus 47, but that was further North, when I lived in Finnmark, back around 1980.

It was minus 24 this morning also, minus 27 last night, but it is getting "hotter" now....:clap:

I have never used a chainsaw in colder weather than about minus 15, I think.....

That's pretty cold for this time of year. We get that here also, but it's usually dead of winter. When I got off the plane coming back from the Air Force quite a few years ago, it was -34 Fahrenheit here. I don't think it's been that cold here in a long time though. That type of cold is something I do not miss, lol. Seems like now, during the coldest time of winter we get like -10 Fahr. here. That's plenty cold enough... What kinda winter clothes you guys wear for that there? Columbia? Carhartt?

SawTroll said:
From another tread;

the normal homeowner huskies tend to freeze below -25 (350 for example), but that can be fixed with roll of ducttape :hmm3grin2orange: ....

weather forecast says that tomorrow it will around -25c here...

and about the clothes, jeans and thick jacket up to -30c, when it gets over -30c i get my thick winter trousers... Oh, and i ride a bicycle to school everytime (around 12km to there and back), bit chilly when its over -30c :monkey:

Hmmm, and we're complaining because it suddenly went to 27F (just the frost, back to 45 by noon)... two days in a row! Real early for here, and so suddden! Nice though... sunny days.. but back to rain tommorw and for the next week.

I lived in Montana .. now that's a cold place... -40 (C or F - doesn't really matter) is a problem for everthing..,

Hey, there you are - I sort of thought we had lost you -long time no see!:yoyo: :yoyo:

Where in Troms are you, you may even be North of me......:sword:

Yes Still here

I'm in tranøy/Senja for the moment and working for Troms Kraft to cut down trees that it to close to the power lines. So i am working whit chainsaws every day.
stihl ms260 Farm boss is the saw i am working whit.

Sagflis, as I remember it you didn't have the 260FB the last time you were here - hopefully you jumped on the special offer that some dealers had in the spring/early summer.......

SawWitch bought a new rotary snowplough/snowblower today, to extend our season at the cottage....:heart: :heart:

We will be off for the cottage tomorrow, in spite of the snow.:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Does it have lights? your daylight must be getting ready to end?

Did the Witch spend the 660 money??????

Last edited:
here we have plenty of daylight, atleast 4 hours or something :hmm3grin2orange:

Oh, and i almost forgot that we also have half meter of snow...

Lakeside53 said:
Does it have lights? your daylight must be getting ready to end?

Did the Witch spend the 660 money??????
No. I didn't, even though it was about the same amount........:D

I am just back with my meeting with Santa, but I am not allowed to post the outcome here......;)

Plenty of daylight so far, more than the 4 hours mentioned above.

Latest posts

Back