Hey, Sawtroll - Cold up there yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blis said:
its been around +5c for nearly 2 weeks already over here and ofcourse it has rained on almost every single frigging day... but on + side, theres basicly no snow left and i began thinning our birches with my dad last weekend (10ha of ~7m tall 7-8cm DBH young birch), its where the saws like 242 shine...
That's about the same temp as here, but only a few drops of rain, now and then....

@Pinus;
We sort of had the November weather on Oktober, and vice versa.....

At least someone is having nice weather!

Since we are getting weather forecasts from all over the world here is mine! Yesterday -30c wind chill -43c But they are calling for warming -17c today I will believe it when I see it! The wood stoves are working overtime!

There is some pic I want to show you, but there is someone out there who don't let me.....:censored:

The cumputer has gone crazy (someone are looking into what I am doing, they probably suspect I have too close contact with Santa, and are itnterfering).

The printer don't give me the pic. I want to post some pic on AS. Will show you some saws and some situasition.

But, I'll don't think it will be a problem, than I have looked further into the issue.:angry:

But it's no problem. I'll been contact someone out there imidiately, like my mentor witch. Wait and see......I'll don't give up : :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Last edited:
SawWitch and me wish you all a nice weeked!:blob2: :blob2:

It is still about + 5 celsius, and not much rain here. Most of the white stuff on the ground is gone.:)

We are off to the cottage in an hour or so, and will be there for a week or so - but no Internet there.......

The new 372 will no doubt see some use, other saws too......:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Maybe some pics will appear when we are back, and find out how to post them.........

From another tread:

SawTroll said:
attachment.php

This picture was posted in another tread, but it was really meant to be here.

It shows the Queen with 20" bar, and its first victim - the tree went down pretty fast after the picture was taken.

SawWitch is holding the saw.

It has only about 3 tanks trough it so far, but it is markedly stronger than initially already. The still have only one piston ring here, I believe....

The picture was taken 2. december at about 02:00 pm.
As you can see, the snow was (and still is) gone, and the days were getting pretty short - by now they are even shorter.

SawTroll said:
From another tread:

The picture was taken 2. december at about 02:00 pm.
As you can see, the snow was (and still is) gone, and the days were getting pretty short - by now they are even shorter.

about 4 hours of daylight here, but its raining daily so we barely see any sun nowadays... today was strange day and we actually saw sun :dizzy:

The sun has been under the horizon for some time here, but there still are a few hours of "dusk" each day.

It haven't been raining much here, except last sunday.:)

Lakeside53 said:
yep, but in summer it never sets, so you can cut day and "night". hmmm...

besides, when cutting spruces there will plenty of sparks to provide enough to light :hmm3grin2orange: (northern spruce is tough)...

Lakeside53 said:
Nice! you need to run LED lights from the saws generator!

In fact, it isn't much darker now at that time of the day (about 02:00pm), because of the snow that arrived about a week ago......:)

No surprices, I would say she runs pretty good, already easing up after the about 3 tanks I used on that tree - the felling was her very first cuts, and was pretty swift business, even though that birch isn't one of the softer ones - sooner the oposite...... :cheers:

She (the Queen) is really smooth in the cut also, as expected.....:greenchainsaw: :rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
Back