Hints, tips and tricks for noobs and geezers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fully agree with buy the good octane gas. But for crying out loud if you spend the extra dime a gallon on the gas don't ruin a good thing and save a couple of bucks and buy the cheap oil mix.

Don't ever call Stihlofadeal64 a geezer. If you do, he'll come over.
What he'll do there I don't know - probably take a nap or show you pictures of his grandkids or wash his dentures or something. :laugh:

MY FAVORITE UNCLE!
I'm not old, but my hair is. At this point no grandkids, no dentures but I'm not even old enuff to get the senior citizens discount. But my hair is old. My wifey said its gonna be plum white one day. Muh kids said the camper shell on my truck is muh right of passage to becoming an old geezer. But hey, I have been called worse, and from a lot worse people than my favorite uncle. :D

Hey Unk, how did you get all them dad-blame credits?

Hmmmmmmm.........
I'm reading recommendations to carry guns, knives and toilet paper???
I would have never thought to recommend those; I figured those were a "given".
Just like cold beer, I figure everybody always has those things with 'em... whenever they go anywhere.
I mean... a fella' should always be prepared :D

Always avoid snackeys. Bring 08 along with you if you happen to enter a snackey-infested area. He'll give you time to escape.

I will disagree with you. Snackeys are great at hauling wood, they are definitely something to look at when they are loading and hauling wood for you. It might be the only time snackeys are preferable.

I will disagree with you. Snackeys are great at hauling wood, they are definitely something to look at when they are loading and hauling wood for you. It might be the only time snackeys are preferable.

The only thing they load are their mouths.:msp_thumbdn:

Hmmmmmmm.........
I'm reading recommendations to carry guns, knives and toilet paper???
I would have never thought to recommend those; I figured those were a "given".
Just like cold beer, I figure everybody always has those things with 'em... whenever they go anywhere.
I mean... a fella' should always be prepared :D

Those were recomendations for noobs who have never been int he woods. The gun is always with me but sometimes you have to check the paper supply because sometimes it gets low.

I don't take a gun, I can't find my knife right now, and I don't have toilet paper handy when firewooding. I have my Used Dog, a pickup, ONE saw that hasn't been started to see if it will start, gas and oil, and my Power Puff girl pack o' accessories.

Since I'm cutting in a deck of culls, I've got my won't keep me from cutting my foot off calks along to change into, and an old rope choker that I can use to pull chunks off the pile for easier cutting. That way, I'm standing a bit away from the pile when I'm pulling.

I take water and a pink thermos of coffee along. It takes me about an hour to cut and load up my little Tomato pickup, and I can usually control my bowels for at least that long. :laugh:

Gots to take eye drops this time of year. The pollen is flying around.

I think I'll go back today. I might throw in my fiddle. I'm cutting on my friends' property and he is a banjo/guitar player.

If you are hungover, leave the saw in the shed/garage for the day and do some lighter work if you need to feel productive.

Only if youre soft. Otherwise, have an op bundy to wake you up and get the 90cc saw out to scAre away the weakness of a headache .....

always a good idea to wear clothes when you're cutting, maybe even shoes. those chips tend to get hung up in the most uncomfortable places.

Ya, nekid is for when the wood izzin the fireplace and your on the couch with the ole woman:D

Latest posts

Back