HitchClimber with sling leader (3 pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plasmech

Hi, Your basement is way too clean. Not enough junk. It's a bad influence on the rest of us.
eljefe

Just a heads up if anyone is concerned. Those stiched slings are not rated to comply with tree climbing standards. I use one but, hey I just wanted ya'll to bea aware of the issue before buy one.

Just a heads up if anyone is concerned. Those stiched slings are not rated to comply with tree climbing standards. I use one but, hey I just wanted ya'll to bea aware of the issue before buy one.

Funny you should mention that. I think, I may be wrong, but I think 1" nylon webbing is rated for 4,000 pounds. Now in an endless sling, that equates to a minimum of 8,000 pounds. But...I mean, am I wrong and the 1" webbing is rated for 2,000 pounds and a sling 4,000 pounds?

If going on a longer ascent, I just use the pull slack out of the falling end of my line, hang on, and pull it through the pulley after a few pulls. But I used to use the "floating bridge" setup, so for long ascents I could put the hitch 2-3 feet out ahead of me, and all I had to do was climb the tail. Seemed easier that way initially, but its actually alot more energy wasting, especially once the hitch starts binding more.

I beg to differ...as long as they have a label that states a minimum 22kN they are legal for life support in tree work...where I trained anyway.

Just do not mix up ones you use for rigging slings and life support slings...rigging slings can get shock loaded and can be unpredictable for life support after that.

I beg to differ...as long as they have a label that states a minimum 22kN they are legal for life support in tree work...where I trained anyway.

Just do not mix up ones you use for rigging slings and life support slings...rigging slings can get shock loaded and can be unpredictable for life support after that.

Same applies in upsidedownland.

I would suggest tape over paint to avoid any degradation that the wrong sort of paint might promote. Or just buy one colour for rigging, (mine are orange) and one colour for climbing, (those are green).

Oops........I was directing that towards Plas and here in the States we must use equipment with at least 23kN. My bad. Gotta remember that there is great tree guys all over the world.

Well I climbed all day today on my HC with a double fisherman's knot...no problems at all! Honestly all you have to do is drop everything to the bottom two holes.

Fun today, chop and drop removals of two grungy multi leader casuarinas:)

i dont want to sound like a genius here or anything....but how long have i been saying this?

yup. like everytime it comes up.

The first thing I tried was to simply drop the top 'biner down to the middle hole. I did not find it satisfactory...not to my personal liking. 'Cause see if I DID, I would have not done what you see in those there pics above now would I? Yep, life is really THAT simple!

you terminating with a double or triple fisherman? us a different knot that isnt so bulky. lengthen out your prussic a touch. easy fix plas. you making it hard with your extra stuff.

Back