Hobby Farming & Logging , A Discussion & The Holzfforma 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Have documented the experience for years, using a lot of different saws, tools, even tractors. So this little film is a discussion of where I am now. Is this all about "me?", not really. The entire purpose of the channel was a way to document the life for kids and grand kids. That has not changed. Have met some really extradentary folks along the way. One such person chooses to remain anonymous, so I will call him the "Ithaca Axe Man" or IAM for short in future video's. Have some of the stuff I acquired in this video. LAST year was a rough year, snow, mud pulling tree from a swamp; I was pretty driven by the tough ugly conditions. THIS year the weather and condition are.....beautiful. So saw choice and related "systems" used can be less focused. I have NOT used my skidder winch for example as I can usually back right up to a tree. That winch is coming to the party next week or the week after. My saw choices allowed me to explore two Holzfforma's, a g395 & g288. Last year I ended up just sticking with my Husqvarna 565, prolly the best saw purchase I ever made. Have over 90 hrs. according to CST and it hasn't missed a beat. And it's lighter, quieter, easy starting self was part of what made last year successful. SO I retired it to use in the next "tough" job. THIS year I could have more fun so a Hobby saw boiled to the top, the Holzfforma g395 and a Husqvarna 394 modded. ( later video's) I will argue the g395 is the best bang per buck hobby saw available at this point for me. And I understand It would have been useless last year....anyway the video summary of the journey with said g395. Something ANY one with $500 bucks could replicate.

Latest posts

Back