Holiday Projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friday, day after tomorrow, will be my last day to work until Jan 5. Woohoo!! I've got several projects in the oven I'm hoping to work on over the holiday break. I was just curious what some of the rest of you have going on. Here's my saw projects. I'm hoping all the saws from Canada and Alaska show up in time for me to take advantage of my time off.

1. 076 ground up build from parts acquired in a trade deal with another forum member.
  2. 064 build acquired from Bruce Hopf, on it's way from Canada.
  3. Lightning resto on its way tomorrow from Canada.
  4. Redmax 3800 Snellerizing, on its way from Canada.

I may muff mod the Mighty Farm Boss MS290...

I'll try on my new chaps! Yeah, Gary, I broke down and got all girliefied with PPE...

I still won't drop-start the 460, though.

I have an 064 with a muffler mod that needs a new set of rings and while I am at it, will most likely get ported.
I also need to break in the Dolmar 120 I just finished rebuilding. I gave this a good woods port and assembled with no base gasket. It is very impressive for a 61cc saw already. I can't wait for the rings to get seated.

I just found out the Lightning won't be coming until after the Holidays. But that's OK. I've got plenty to keep me busy.

I am SUCH a loser. I know, I have failed you, and failed all the rest who have been drooling whilst awaiting The Uncovering of this new find.

I do really feel bad about not being able to get it, but I WILL get to Anchorage soon. Should I have my SIL take some more photos to tease you, or do you want to allow anticipation to build?

084 new parts blitz: new HT7A, and new FW/coil to replace the CDIC ignition. I just got the new HT7A, just need to get rest in (oh, and Stihl FW puller).

TIG project: Muffler mod for the new 372 (UNIVENT).

Shorten all the loops for the 575, damn thing likes to throw em:censored:

Shovel Snow.
Finish the hot tub cover because it is taking up half the dining room.
Sew secret project gifts.
Get some granola skiing in.
Work on getting house construction (a big project) going.

Oops I need to get going on the above!

I am SUCH a loser. I know, I have failed you, and failed all the rest who have been drooling whilst awaiting The Uncovering of this new find.

I do really feel bad about not being able to get it, but I WILL get to Anchorage soon. Should I have my SIL take some more photos to tease you, or do you want to allow anticipation to build?
Hey, I just appreciate you helping me out. Otherwise it wouldn't even be on the project list. At least it's now in good hands and out of the second hand goods store. That would be great if your sis could take some pics. That would help ease the antisipation, or maybe fuel it:)

tuesday is my last day then im off till the 5th too :D i dont have any saws that need work. well the poolie does but why waste my time. maybe ill try a couple things just cuse it bugs me that it has no high end power.

i would like to put a hurtin on my huge pile of wood that needs splitting. i also wanna take all the insullation off the cellar ceilings cuse im using a woodstove in the cellar to heat the house now. im just not looking forward to getting covered in fiberglass :(

oh i can break in my new 346 :) and if the weathers good i can get more done on that tree job i been workin at.

If the weather breaks alittle, I have about about three pick up trucks worth of free mulberry wood to go get. Already cut up. Free to me. It's been brutely cold and snowy so I've been hangin around the woodburner ,drinkin beer getting lazy.I'm off work til spring, no plans at all .:cheers:

I should find out today if I have a local source for my Jonsered 90 parts. That will be tied for first on my list.

Also in first place is to try and get my hands on a few old Jonsered cases, one of which may be an 80. :D If that is the case (no pun intended), then my next two weeks will be spent going through them, making up a list of required parts for each saw and ordering them up.

My Poulan Pro 405 needs at least a set of rings, and I also have a Husky 51 that is seized up. I doubt that I will get to those two, especially if my 2 numbers 1s pan out and I end up having to split the case on the 90 to change bearings. It would be my first time splitting a case and I will be reading and re-reading the pdf of Lakesides 066 case splitting thread that I made yesterday.

I have to make a vacuum tester as well and maybe a few other specialty tools, depending on what happens with these projects.

Simple jobs for a lot of the AS members, but they will take up a lot of my time and help me learn a lot in the process.

Seasonal worker .I drive a ready mix truck. Heck with this economy I may never go back to work. Meantime collect my $400 aweek unempoyment and drink beer :cheers:

Seasonal worker .I drive a ready mix truck. Heck with this economy I may never go back to work. Meantime collect my $400 aweek unempoyment and drink beer :cheers:

Ain't that the truth... Mix plants here are shutting down permanently left and right.

Our local economy sucks... Lot's of guys out'a work... Including me.:cry:

Sorry to hear that guys. My BIL works at Cooper Tire Co in Findlay, OH. They've know for some time now that one of the plants was going to be shut down. Fortunately for him, they're shutting the plant in Gerogia. But 1,100 people are loosing their jobs:( They went to the meeting this morning not knowing what plant was going to be closed. Can you say "quiet and tense"?

While helping my brother in law clean out his shed we ran across a husky 36 that he said was junk so he gave it to me. Since joining the forum I've gotten the itch to start working on my own saws. After changing the plug and fuel filter pulling the mufler and checking the bore and piston for scoring I determined that it had good compresion and spark so it must be a fuel problem. I started to take the carb off when I noticed it had the 2 piece fuel line option. Not very desireable. I changed out the fuel line put on a sharp chain and made some cookies from a 12 inch hedge log. While on christmas break I'm gonna try my first muffler mod on the husky then try to figure out why my 2051 is low on power. Joining this forum has caused me to catch some kind of disease. I think the only cure is more power and possibly another saw or 2.

While helping my brother in law clean out his shed we ran across a husky 36 that he said was junk so he gave it to me. Since joining the forum I've gotten the itch to start working on my own saws. After changing the plug and fuel filter pulling the mufler and checking the bore and piston for scoring I determined that it had good compresion and spark so it must be a fuel problem. I started to take the carb off when I noticed it had the 2 piece fuel line option. Not very desireable. I changed out the fuel line put on a sharp chain and made some cookies from a 12 inch hedge log. While on christmas break I'm gonna try my first muffler mod on the husky then try to figure out why my 2051 is low on power. Joining this forum has caused me to catch some kind of disease. I think the only cure is more power and possibly another saw or 2.
Hey John, is that husky the little one here -
DSC02028.jpg

can't quite remember what it is. Man it's a fiddly saw, but I guess it does what it's meant to. Just not fair comparing it to the 056 (my aussie firewood saws)

Since I got my SEZ just finished up, I guess I'm caught up also.

Maybe find a new project! I know I got a 5th wheel hitch ordered for my truck that should be here first of next week so there's one project.

Like Greg, laid off so I guess I'll drink up a bunch of Christmas cheer!

Im gonna murder some trees! Then build more wood racks so I can get it all split and stacked to clean up the mountain of split firewood in my side yard. I am also going to intensify my search for a wood furnace. The insert I have is wonderful, but I am going dedicated wood heat. Any Kansas members out there know where I can find a good shape used wood furnace? If not I will bite the bullett and end up with a 1200$ Hot Blast from Orschelns or TSC.

Latest posts

Back