Holtzman chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZ dave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in NZ (look for 45 degrees south and from South america travel west to east and you'll hit us around a place called Omaru).

Now my question is we have a buy, sell website popular here and their is a posting for the sale of a chainsaw called Holtzman, I've never heard of it before and I'm wondering what is it's rep (ie as good as stihl, husky etc) or is it a dead beat.

the one posted is a 75cc that will take a 24" bar and valued @ $400 NZD something of that engine size for Husky or stihl is about $2,000NZD+ think the price is a promo as the brand isn't well known here in NZ.

like you're thoughts - cheers

unsure, wanted to had what i posted before but nothing comes up, hope I've not stuffed things :(

anyhow, the specs for said chainsaw are below,

Specifications:
Engine display: 75CC,air-cooled, two-stroke, single-cylinder
Engine rated power: 3.9kW/5.3HP
Maximum speed: 12,000r/min
Idling speed: 2800-3200r/min
Guide bar size: 24''3/8
Bar cover: 28” bar cover
Chain pitch: 3/8
Fuel tank capacity: 770ml
Oil tank capacity: 400ml
Fuel mixing ratio: 25:1
Shaft diameter with handle: 22mm(aluninium)

Package information:
Weight: 11.1 kgs
Carton size: 72*29*34cm
Engine: 118*26*28.5cm

Sure is a darth of background information on company web wise- see they have a string trimmer as well- didn't see a thing for dealers , warranty repair, parts. there is a warranty return but what about after? Maybe another chi-com product knock off , grab some quick cash from the unsuspecting and vanish into the mists of the global market place.

Am very suspect about quality now, just saw the 1st auction ended and someone posted a message but they got no response.

I've posted a question asking for review sites of the saw and the MFG's website, I suspect it's Chinese knock off of a European saw possibly.

we are inundated with knock-offs from stihl, husky's (got burned for $600NZD, thought it was a good buy 2nd hand 365(??) special husky).
It's poor starting but once going it's good or as long as petrol is in it, run it dry and it's a pig to fire up again. Took to a local dealer for a look over and they said the part Nos. on the saw weren't husky part Nos.

So lesson learned, I do my research now, had a stihl 024 but the rings went, got it in parts now, wanted to convert it to a 026 but not done it as yet been @ a year in pieces if i got a new piston would it be good to go still?
sitting in garage dry but exposed to moisture etc.

2nd pic looks like a husky knock off now that i look at it more.

406356902.jpg
407941427.jpg

Definately a chinese knock off, looks to be a husky design, here they sell Holtzfaller chinese copies which are stihl 038 copies. l have no experience with them, some say the quality 'can' be ok and end up with a useable saw. It does say 12000 rpm so it should have some go in it.

Yeah its a Husky 365/372 copy with a big bore on it. From my experience with husky copies quality could be really bad or somewhat okay. If they are using the generic 365 clone carby it will be running close to lean at 12000rpm.

Punch different saw numbers in to alibaba.com and similar side and you will see both the knock offs mentioned here in various guises.

I like the look of them as a teaser project some day.
There is seller with 365/22" here in Perth @ $350 I may try at some point

Latest posts

Back