Holy Husqvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My main/only saw for the past few years has been an MS310 which has been nothing but good to me given the price (free)...my BIL gave it to me. Today however it started to run a little rough so I stopped up at his shop to ask if I could "borrow" another one for a few hours. He rolled his eyes walked in the back and doesn't he bring out a 372xp and said he wants this one returned today.

Wow! That is one bad a$$ saw. It just sounds mean and tears through those logs. My tax return might be stimulating the economy pretty soon.

OOOOO No a nother one is thinking of going over to the dark side:dizzy:

Look at a STIHL 460 before you commit on a 372. Or even a Stihl 441.:chainsaw:

Anyway you look at it you are going to get the dreaded C.A.D.

Beefie

I'm still waiting for a corporate sponsorship but in the meantime I haven't sworn any allegiance. I just remember when I was in to muscle cars. I had a 69 Camaro (God I wish I kept that car!) with a balanced and blueprinted 400 smallblock that put out about 425hp. It was lots of fun toying with guys in Mustang GT's and IROC's and then puttin' the hammer down. Same kind of feeling...except I don't have to worry about the cops! It's me versus the logs and they don't stand a chance either.

My main/only saw for the past few years has been an MS310 which has been nothing but good to me given the price (free)...my BIL gave it to me. Today however it started to run a little rough so I stopped up at his shop to ask if I could "borrow" another one for a few hours. He rolled his eyes walked in the back and doesn't he bring out a 372xp and said he wants this one returned today.

Wow! That is one bad a$$ saw. It just sounds mean and tears through those logs. My tax return might be stimulating the economy pretty soon.

This is gonna start a brawl!!! :chainsaw:

By the way my MS310 sounds "mean" too gien the muffler mod!!! HEE HEE HEE!

Last edited:
I agree once you go with a 372 its hard to use anything smaller. I use my 372 with 24" bar to buck and fall all my firewood. I use to think i would get a smaller stihl for something lighter. But the difference in weight was only 3 lbs. Not worth the trade off for me. I don't pack it around 40 hrs a week just part time. I have used mine for three years and have had to do absolutely nothig to it. No spark plug, air cleaner nothing. Never have to drain gas when it sits all summer. Always starts. The only downfall i see is there does not seem to be as large of market for aftermarket hop up items, like hi flow filters and the like. But if you dont have the same sickness as me, when to much power is never enough, you should be fine:cheers:

Nothing against the 372 as its probably the best Husky ever but try a Dolmar 7900 before you settle. Plus you'll save some serious jack with the 7900.

Your brother-in-law must really like you a lot to let you take his 372 for even one day. The only way I would loan my 372 out is if I was attached to it. I might let them take a few test cuts but most of it would be me.

You can't go wrong with a 372.

I am missing something here – loan out a 372xp? It must be demo days because no one would do such a thing or did you marry the special sister…Just joking, once you run a saw in that cc class it is hard to go back. Make sure the fluids are full, pick up a new chain, and make sure that saw is clean when you bring it back. You are on the right path now, have fun.

Heres a thought, don't go either way and get a Johny-Red 2171. Cheaper than a 372 and it keeps these stihl guys off your back cause they know their stihls can't touch it.

If your drueling over a 372xp you obivously have tried the 42cc Craftmans!:dizzy:

my main/only saw for the past few years has been an ms310 which has been nothing but good to me given the price (free)...my bil gave it to me. Today however it started to run a little rough so i stopped up at his shop to ask if i could "borrow" another one for a few hours. He rolled his eyes walked in the back and doesn't he bring out a 372xp and said he wants this one returned today.

welcome aboard the 372 train. I agree the 460 is a good saw but it's up another bracket if it was between the 441 and a 372 no contest i'd pick the 372 every time my freind. Get it run a couple tanks through it then mod the muffler and you'll have perma grin.

Well the problem is your comparing an okay home owners saw to a pro saw. You have to even the playing field before making judgment.

Well the problem is your comparing an okay home owners saw to a pro saw. You have to even the playing field before making judgment.

I'm in no way comparing the two or even endorsing Husky...that just happened to be the saw I got to borrow. I'm just commenting on the realization that there's a lot more saw to be had regardless of the brand and that I've been corrupted by cc's and hp.

My BIL isn't even much of a wood cutter/splitter/burner but he owns a construction company and a few of the guys who work for him are pretty serious firewood guys so what probably happened is they needed a saw for a clearing job, took the company credit card and got something they'd have fun using.

Here's a pic for you guys who find it hard to believe...and one of the wood pile.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I also have a 372 but in the older version. I love it and will cut anything pretty quick. The only downfall is it likes to drink a lot. I think the newer ones are a lot better on fuel.

Latest posts

Back