Holy oil shock batman !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil prices can keep going up now.

The Ranger has been retired to dump, firewood, and backup vehicle.

Took delivery of an '09 Fusion Tuesday. Now that I've gotten the feel for it, I'm getting 32mpg on the highway and very high 20s be-bopping around town. Darn near half the gas my Ranger uses.

I'm figuring it saves me about $125/month in gas @ $4/gallon. Payment, insurance, taxes add up to about $400/month, so after gas savings I figure it's a net cost to me of $275. If I was still commuting my old commute daily, it would've saved me more in gas then buying the car cost.

Oil prices can keep going up now.

The Ranger has been retired to dump, firewood, and backup vehicle.

Took delivery of an '09 Fusion Tuesday. Now that I've gotten the feel for it, I'm getting 32mpg on the highway and very high 20s be-bopping around town. Darn near half the gas my Ranger uses.

I'm figuring it saves me about $125/month in gas @ $4/gallon. Payment, insurance, taxes add up to about $400/month, so after gas savings I figure it's a net cost to me of $275. If I was still commuting my old commute daily, it would've saved me more in gas then buying the car cost.

I did a similar thing. I traded in a 23 mpg hwy car for a 2010 Ford Fusion in the Cash for Clunkers program. It's actually getting 35 mpg hwy. It doesn't have the guts of a 5.0 Mustang, but my young-and-stupid stoplight drag racing days are long over. Now I just have to survive my current affliction of "older-and-stupid." :D

I did a similar thing. I traded in a 23 mpg hwy car for a 2010 Ford Fusion in the Cash for Clunkers program. It's actually getting 35 mpg hwy. It doesn't have the guts of a 5.0 Mustang, but my young-and-stupid stoplight drag racing days are long over. Now I just have to survive my current affliction of "older-and-stupid." :D

I wish they sold some of those fantastic mileage european cars over here, or the small diesel trucks.

I got over all that street racing have to have tons of horsepower stuff way back in the 60s. I never even owned one, but tried to understand all my friends who were into it..never saw the point. Have seen some pretty fast holeshot cars before though.

guess the fastest....friend of mine in high school had one, a galaxy, his dad, some fatcat at ford, got him a sohc cobra 427 to put in it. zooba. scary fast.

I'm into mileage and point A to B without getting stuck.

Heh, it sure was a different time, Zogger. That's pretty much my goal, too--A to B without getting stuck. And I think I already pay enough to the governor, so I refuse to give him any more in speeding tickets.

I'll take one of those TDI diesels in a heartbeat!

Heh, it sure was a different time, Zogger. That's pretty much my goal, too--A to B without getting stuck. And I think I already pay enough to the governor, so I refuse to give him any more in speeding tickets.

I'll take one of those TDI diesels in a heartbeat!

I am seriously thinking about one, a TDI, or failing that, an older benz turbo diesel with a manual tranny. Will be needing a two state high mileage commuter here real soon like.

If I had the loot, I'd love to take flying lessons and score a small plane, seeing as how there's a dang strip right in my yard basically. I looked into it...geez loweez, this is not a cheap idea.

Of course thinking and buying are two different critters..the think part I got down, it's the buying part I need to work on better....

Back