Holzfforma saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are only two things I can think of that are both cheap, reliable, and high quality. A model 94 winchester, and a chevy 350. Saws, it's one or the other. You can get lucky and find a good deal on a used saw. My 044 was bought for 25 dollars at a town auction. 40 dollar piston, new rubber parts and a chain, and I had a perfect running saw. All for the tune of about 100 bucks. I have less than 200 dollars into 14 good running Homelites, including a 750 that I mill with. The kit was fun to piece together with the kids, and has ran fine, but I know it's a timebomb. And I'd never tell them or my wife that it isn't awesome.
Don't forget the echo CS590!! Almost impossible to beat for the price given its performance and track record.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't forget the echo CS590!! Almost impossible to beat for the price given its performance and track record.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Can't argue with that. Got a friend that bought one of those. Miles ahead of the stihl farmboss or husky ranchers, and immensely cheaper to boot. Definitely the best deal out there for a brand new firewood saw.

@Scott chandler what do you have to say about those saws?
LOL i ordered a clone 372 and it ran about 10 minutes and quit. Thought i had a fuel problem but ended up having to send it to my bud Duce. He sent me pics back of cylinder and piston. Looked like it had been straight gassed but port edges eat the rings and piston up. Duce put another cylinder and piston on it and it’s going strong. Learned my lesson -

LOL i ordered a clone 372 and it ran about 10 minutes and quit. Thought i had a fuel problem but ended up having to send it to my bud Duce. He sent me pics back of cylinder and piston. Looked like it had been straight gassed but port edges eat the rings and piston up. Duce put another cylinder and piston on it and it’s going strong. Learned my lesson -
Did you build it from a kit or was it a complete saw?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Did you build it from a kit or was it a complete saw?

I am not positive, but believe it came complete. Ok parts, covers, air filter, muffler, fuel tank. Guts of saw, complete, complete junk IMHO. Oil pump looked OEM. Fuel and impulse lines are bad. As said that intake boot was mushy junk. I used a clamp like that on my jeeps heater hose. Could not pull vacuum on case, before I split it.

It did - came complete and I’ll add this. I bought saw only because it was on sale for like 220. And free shipping. My thinking was just how bad can it be. Well Duce knows just how bad !! He sent the original piston rings and cylinder back with the saw - unreal. I will say after he done a lil magic on it the saw runs strong

I am not positive, but believe it came complete. Ok parts, covers, air filter, muffler, fuel tank. Guts of saw, complete, complete junk IMHO. Oil pump looked OEM. Fuel and impulse lines are bad. As said that intake boot was mushy junk. I used a clamp like that on my jeeps heater hose. Could not pull vacuum on case, before I split it.
I am confused about that clamp. I have never seen that on any huztl, farmertec, or any other çhainsaw aftermarket parts website.

I am confused about that clamp. I have never seen that on any huztl, farmertec, or any other çhainsaw aftermarket parts website.

Clamp may have not been an issue, that intake boot was pure garbage!

Latest posts

Back