Homelite 360 Pro info please....I just bought my first Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How helpful are those spiked bucking bumper deals? I don't have one, and was wondering if I should try hard to find one for my saw...

There is a thread this evening inquiring about "Resources on Wedging Techniques", Blowdown1 replied and listed two pdf files. The title of it is "Felling and Bucking Techniques for the Woodland Owner", and on the second page it states under "Clothing and Equipement" at the end of the section, "You may find that a saw equipped with saw dogs(sharp pointed teeth attached to the saw housing near the base of the bar)easier to control".

Due to the fact that most new Stihls and Husqvarnas and possibly other makes come with them as stock items I suspect they are something pros demand, if they didn't the manufacturers would not include them, as they are an added expense. However since I am not a pro I cannot speak with much authority, though I see the merits of the saw dogs giving the saw a secure pivot point with little chance of slippage.

Hope this is helpful.

Homelite 360

Read with interest the poster on the Homelite 360, got one for free last week, neighbor said it seems to die after running a while. Pull start is a little hard, maybe overheated?

Sounds like it is a decent machine, worth looking into, it is very clean, looks like it didn't get a lot of use, maybe owner ran too lean on the oil?

Anyway will dig into it deeper & see how it looks.

Does the head come off so I can check out the bore?

Haven't even spent 10 minutes looking at it yet.

A user/repair/parts manual is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited:
Back