Homelite Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBCKelpie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need help IDing my Homelite

I came across a Homelite Big chainsaw, and I need some help figuring out what model it is. Can anybody help me?

Last edited:
I would have bet that RBW would have been able to ID that saw since Homeys are his thing. Upon checking out Mike Acres site and opening Homelite I counted close to 240 different models. A lot of the models are not illustrated on top of that. I guess I will have to cut RBW some slack this time. :D You can cruise through the listings and you might get lucky. Weigh the saw, pull the cylinder and measure bore and stroke, check pitch of chain, etc. and try to get a match.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer?OpenView&Start=30&Count=30&Expand=50#50

Where is Red at?

Hey Ray, Get in here!

I was trying to help this fellow earlier through an Ebay auction I have up.

The problem with identifying this saw is the case style and color scheme were used on various saws.

I have a C-91 that looks just like it, it may or may not be this.

Looks like the saw has the auto oiler kit that was made available for the direct drive Series C and models XP-1000 and XP-1020 saws. Intertec manual has a small picture of the chain cover auto oiler kit. If we knew the bore and stroke we could determine the model.

As I remember he thought it was an XP-1000.

I swear someone here or on acres site just had pics up of a saw with the add on oiler, the oiler was silver as I recall.

RaisedByWolves said:
As I remember he thought it was an XP-1000.

I swear someone here or on acres site just had pics up of a saw with the add on oiler, the oiler was silver as I recall.

I was on ebay looking for a cylinder and piston just this week. I was refered to this site by somebody from ebay. Would it help if I posted somemore pictures? If I measured the stroke and bore, would I have to get new gaskets etc.?

ray benson said:
Looks like the saw has the auto oiler kit that was made available for the direct drive Series C and models XP-1000 and XP-1020 saws. Intertec manual has a small picture of the chain cover auto oiler kit. If we knew the bore and stroke we could determine the model.

I just posted a couple of different pictures of my saw, maybe this might help some. I have a super XL automatic, that has a broken piston. I also have a 150 that has a good piston, I was wondering if the good piston will fit on the super XL?

Many people want to ID the Homelite saws by colors and covers which is fine as long as they have not been changed. From the pic I looked at it appaers to be a C series jug with a XP cover.

Bill

Bill G said:
Many people want to ID the Homelite saws by colors and covers which is fine as long as they have not been changed. From the pic I looked at it appaers to be a C series jug with a XP cover.

Bill

I posted a couple of other pictures on here as well. Can you see anything that might help in them? I'm looking to buy a cyclinder for this saw, but I need to know what will fit it before I can do that. Can you tell me approximately how many cc this saw may have and if it will be enough to run a Alaska sawmill?

Bills right about the colors and stuff. It certainly looks like a C-9 or a C-91 but I'm doing just what he said, guessing with colors. Is the I.D. plate still on it? It should be on the back of the shroud. That might give us a clue if it is the original shroud.

No it should be on the outside. On the recoil and just behind the fuel cap, looking at the saw from behind, there should be decals. I know there probably faded but can you make anything out that would say C-9 or C-91 or maybe 1050xp or anything like that?

I'm looking bro. I may have to wait until I get to the shop in the morning to check out some of my saws to find a difference. Bill G, who had replied earlier in the post, is a real expert on these things. He might know about the handle (assuming it has not been changed). There is a leg on yours for extra support that I don't think a C-Series has but I may be wrong. I'll send you a PM. I may have to look at my manuals to find out and they are at my shop. I will see if I can find out something for you and send you a PM tomorrow.

stevecollins said:
I was on ebay looking for a cylinder and piston just this week. I was refered to this site by somebody from ebay. Would it help if I posted somemore pictures? If I measured the stroke and bore, would I have to get new gaskets etc.?

Yep Steve, that was me.

If you can measure the bore it would give us another avenew to help identify this saw. But if you remove the cylinder to measure the bore, you could give us the numbers from the base, were you ever able to find the numbers on the cylinder base?

They should be right behind the rear portion of the oiler tank, if you get in there with a tooth brush and some carb cleaner you may be able to read them without removing the cyl.:cheers:

Back