Homelite super 1050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manostihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First time I've posted on here in Years! 20210319_224732.jpg20210319_224726.jpg20210319_224721.jpgJust picked up a homelite super 1050 that was stuck. Pulled it down to check it out because it looked ok through the exhaust port and this is what I found. Besides the one knick above the middle transfer port it looks ok. It kinda looks like the chrome may be gone but it's still very smooth besides the one knick in the transfer.20210319_224714.jpg Also as soon as I pulled the flywheel nut the bottom end spun ok. Is there a spacer or something that could be missing from behind the flywheel?

Attachments

• 20210319_224714.jpg
    20210319_224714.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210319_224635.jpg
    20210319_224635.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210319_224631.jpg
    20210319_224631.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
I don't see any spacer in the IPL, was the flywheel rubbing the case, or coil? Looks like it ingested something, should check for missing needle bearings.

Not the best IPL copy attached

Attachments

• Homelite Super 1050.pdf
    136.7 KB · Views: 2
I don't see any spacer in the IPL, was the flywheel rubbing the case, or coil? Looks like it ingested something, should check for missing needle bearings.

Not the best IPL copy attached
I checked and all the rod needle bearings are there. One of the piston rings was broken. I think the flywheel was rubbing on the case though. Hard to tell. I haven't managed to pop the flywheel off yet

I know i have a nos piston and possibly a nos cylinder.
I ordered a piston offline. I would be interested in both possibly still. I think my crank bearings might be shot because they don't sound very good. I wish I could get this darn flywheel off. I can't find any screws that thread into where the bolts to hold the Pawls on go so I can use my puller on it

I ordered a piston offline. I would be interested in both possibly still. I think my crank bearings might be shot because they don't sound very good. I wish I could get this darn flywheel off. I can't find any screws that thread into where the bolts to hold the Pawls on go so I can use my puller on it
I'm thinking the screws are 12 x 24, not sure. (not near my saws right now) I think I just re-threaded a couple to fit and keep them for the 1050. When you put the pawls back on, use lock tite on the screws. I had a pawl come loose with the saw running - danced around took out several ribs on the cover.

I'm thinking the screws are 12 x 24, not sure. (not near my saws right now) I think I just re-threaded a couple to fit and keep them for the 1050. When you put the pawls back on, use lock tite on the screws. I had a pawl come loose with the saw running - danced around took out several ribs on the cover.

They are 12-24, I did what you did, Took 1/4 bolds and ground them down a bit and rethreaded them to 12-24.

I will look later to see exactly what i have.

Back