Homelite Super E-Z Automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireaxman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Somebody gave me a Homelite Super E-Z Automatic UT#104313 serial #281040178. The rear handle is broken at the engine housing (right next to the oiler) and at the first bend behind the throttle trigger.

I ran the saw just enough to see that it is a very strong little saw, and I looked at some old threads on ArboristSite where the Super E-Z was highly recommended by HomeDeliteman and some others.

It looks like the rear handle is integral to the engine housing, so I guess I need a good used housing for this obsolete (but still very strong) unit.

I looked at E-Bay last week and found one for sale, but the shipping cost was going to be more than the saw. Besides, I'ld really rather deal with a reputable shop somewhere or someone in an established forum (like Arboristsite.com) than take my chances with a totally unknown private individual on E-Bay. Can anybody tell me where to look? Has anybody got a good E-Z engine housing from a burned out saw they want to sell?

I might have one. I will have to check.

If I dont, Im sure someone on here has one & if not you can find one on ebay.

I have several that are runners & they are great little saws.

BTW: The rear handle is seperate from the main body.

Mike

email me a pic of your saw;i picked up about 5 little ez's from an auction. There seems to be some minor differences in them. Mine are in different states of disrepair; but plenty of good parts and cases...

Ron

Super EZ Handle

I've been tryin' for an hour to get a picture to you. See if this one comes over:

Pretty close to 60. This one has 59 and it looks like a new chain and bar.

By the way, Thank You Very Much to the people that support this forum. It looks like between Ron and Bill I will find what I need to get my saw cutting again, and without this forum that saw sat for about eight years in the shed. It was a waste of a good tool. The local shops had told me they could not help me.

Last edited:
SEZ Chain length

59 is standard for 3/8" chain for almost all 16" of the older HOMELITES until the newer design with the vertical piston came around.

I have basically any parts needed for the SEZ. As sted by BillW the SEZ takes 59DL. The XL-12/SXL takes 60DL for a 16". The SEZ is one of the best little saws ever built.

Bill

Thanks for posting, Bill G. I think I have what I need ordered from BillW, but I'm going to add you to my list of resources. I think I'll be running this little saw for a long time.

I also told my local shop about finding you two men. The dealer that used to sell homelites down here went to Huskys when Walmart started selling Homelites and quit servicing the Homelites. We have a couple of pretty good little shops down here still servicing the Homelites, but they have a lot of trouble finding parts for these old saws. And, the old Homelites were pretty popular, so we have a lot of them around.

Back