Homelite XL113

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob393

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have this nice old XL113 with the classic problem of a bad fuel line.
Has any one in the collective found a source for this discontinued item?
I have looked everywhere, even tried to make my own, with no luck.

If that model is like others in that line, they came with either a molded fuel line or with a grommet where the line enters the tank. The hole is 3/8" ID and the the panel of tank is 1/8" thick. Get one with the ID at 1/4".
To get it in the hole, use grease and something blunt so you don't damage the grommet. I use a popsicle stick. You will also need one where the line passes through carb box to keep dust out.

Check the fuel line hole size and tank to verify dimensions.

Get some 1/8" ID X 1/4" OD Tygon fuel line and you're good to go. Some oil or grease on the fuel line helps getting it through the installed grommets. Cut the end of the line to a taper about 1/2" long to make it easier to get the line started. A piece of wire through the taper and fished from the grommet to fuel tank fill hole makes it easy to get it started.

grommet.jpg

The problem I'm having is the fuel pick up screen is 1/8 in and the carburetor fitting is like 1/4 in.
I can't find any gourmets that are 1/4 id and 3/8 od?

The problem I'm having is the fuel pick up screen is 1/8 in and the carburetor fitting is like 1/4 in.
I can't find any gourmets that are 1/4 id and 3/8 od?

Warm up the end of the tygon fuel line with hot water and you can get it onto the carb fitting with a little fiddling. I often run an awl into the end of the line to stretch it.

The fuel filter shouldn't be an issue. You can get them in various outlet sizes sizes.

That is a perfect solution, Thank you! And I have all the parts in stock too.

Latest posts

Back