Homelite ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 12 I was using a electric poulan with a 14 inch bar (No chain break) I cut a lot of firewood that way. Dad would cut it into 6 foot logs and load it into the truck and I would cut it into rounds for firewood while he was splitting other stuff.
I do know dad always had chains with bumper drive links but they did not have the safety tie straps. They were also skip tooth chains. It took a long time to cut a 15 inch dead oak log with a electric poulan running a low profile, skip tooth, 3/8 chain. I am still alive.

My local Homedepot has Homelites for 80 dollars new on closeout. They are 33cc saws with a 14 inch bar. That seems like a good deal. They have safety chains and the metal tips on the end of the bar. I don't know if they have chainbreaks.
Rob

rjh245 said:
When I was 12 I was using a electric poulan with a 14 inch bar (No chain break) I cut a lot of firewood that way. Dad would cut it into 6 foot logs and load it into the truck and I would cut it into rounds for firewood while he was splitting other stuff.
I do know dad always had chains with bumper drive links but they did not have the safety tie straps. They were also skip tooth chains. It took a long time to cut a 15 inch dead oak log with a electric poulan running a low profile, skip tooth, 3/8 chain. I am still alive.

My local Homedepot has Homelites for 80 dollars new on closeout. They are 33cc saws with a 14 inch bar. That seems like a good deal. They have safety chains and the metal tips on the end of the bar. I don't know if they have chainbreaks.
Rob

Just curious. I know safety chain has bumper drive links but what are the safety tie straps for?

Back