Homemade Kinetic, Rack & Pinion, supersplit style splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like my Grammy used to say"could be handy as a pocket"

Thats just great!

My idea it to build a splitter to Logrites Firewoodinator, I have never used a capstan winch and figured it would be easier just to use a electric winch and pickup truck crane, however I might need to re-think this.

Its been a while since I have started the work on my homemade Kinetic splitter refurb. I was able to get out this weekend and give it a test run. Cousin and I were able to split around 2 cord, so far so good. The trailer is an old boat trailer, the boom, winch and engine are from HF, the table is old bowling alley material, removable tongue, some old cigarette signs for an engine cover bunch of other random stuff from the shop and dump, all toll I think I am around $500 deep. Please check out the video if you get a chance.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=3265890303794" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Tells me video is not available due to privacy settings.

Mr. HE:cool:

hey i know this is an old thread but im about to start my build as there is nothing available in nz thats not cheap rubbish. all the pics from threads are no longer visable because they wetre uploaded a long time ago.
does anybody have any pics, links or tips that would be helpful?thank

What happened to the photos? Where are the pictures? I know this is an old post but now that it's been brought forward I'm just curious what happened to the photos after all the people were saying what a great splitter it was

hey i know this is an old thread but im about to start my build as there is nothing available in nz thats not cheap rubbish. all the pics from threads are no longer visable because they wetre uploaded a long time ago.
does anybody have any pics, links or tips that would be helpful?thank

You'd be better off starting a new thread altogether asking about that.

You'd be better off starting a new thread altogether asking about that.
True true, true. One way to tell its firewood season again is all the old thread that start popping up. Normally searching is a great way to find the info you need, but since the hack and lost of lots of pics, its hard to make much sense out of some of these old threads

Thanks for the advice, Iv started another thread, is there any way to tag some of the old posters in the new thread so they see it and share some old pics? Cheers

Latest posts

Back