• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Homie 5-30 bar & handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I need a handle for my 7-29 and know the 5-30 handle us more common and will work. I also need an old three slot bar for the saw if anyone has one. Thanks

I truly wish you luck in finding a long bar for the 7-29. The handle bar I know I had but I believe I gave it away to a guy in your area. That is along with a 5-30 saw.I lost a bit when I gave it to him and paid the shipping

Thanks Bill, the guy at Chain Bar Repair can no longer make one as his pattern programmer no longer does them. I an thinking a those bar slots could be milled, though not ideal, it may work. I have a guy looking through his old pile for a handle as he believes he has one. But it doesn't hurt to ask around.

I sent a upper and lower rail out of a Mall 2 man Bow to Chain Bar Repair a few years ago. They said they were not able to do it either. That 3 slot should be no problem on a mill

Yes Bill, I do not see why the corners need to be square. I think a Cannon bar could be milled out to work. I just need a pattern. Then drill the oil holes and it should be done. I do not have any bar plates, are any necessary?

If you want you can square the corners also with a small bit. Do you need a pattern bar? As for bar plates I would need to look as it has been awhile since I dealt with one.

There was only an inner shim plate, not really a bar plate that had a chain guide on it. I still can't believe Bill wouldn't let me pay for the shipping on that old 5-30 he gave me, and I have never found what he wanted in return-5.8 or 6.2 west bend I believe it was. I can't remember if the handle bar was good, but the rest of the saw wasn't much use. It's still sitting here anyways if you want to pick it over Don. Good handlebars, chain guards, ash trays, plug covers, governors, cylinder covers, belts- they are hard to find for this series. But at least the handlebar can easily be repaired if you are willing to.

I have 30" bars and chains I told you about. Here an hour away from you. William doesn't need to trouble with searching for you.

I have 30" bars and chains I told you about. Here an hour away from you. William doesn't need to trouble with searching for you.

I do believe I sent you a 5-30 awhile back

No Torinos today Let a 66 Galaxie 500 go by for $1200

Don isn't a parasite, he has helped me and plenty of others with parts. But we only get together a few times a year which makes it tough to get the parts he needs to him. He is a good guy.

Try Mercury Equipment in Eugene Oregon. I know they can make custom saw bars, and was actually pointed that direction when I was looking for a bar for my 7-29. Shortly after I found an original 44" so I never actually contacted them to find out.

Also, I may have a modern replacement belt number for the rubber drive belt if you have the early 5-30 (up to 58 or so). I can look through my old homelite part information if anyone is interested.

I should start a new thread, but if anyone here has a line on a good cylinder shroud for a 5-30/7-29 series I could use one to complete my 5-30.

Well I went out to one building tonight where I thought I had a couple 5-30 part saws. They were not there. They might be in the lower barn. I need to go down there and clean a ton of saws out as we have lambs and hogs coming in that need that area. I will see what is down there. I did find a 26LCS I did not know I had. I think I have around (5) 7-29 and 8-29 saws but none are parts units

Wow, five 7-29/8-29 saws might be a record. Nice

I have worked hard to locate them. There was (and still is) a GREAT member here that helped me get the first 8-29. If that saw could talk and type it would write a book

Latest posts

Back