Hotsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneiger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to have a contest where every saw racer would show up and we could clear the air on who builds the fastest saw, who builds the fastest chain, who can run them the fastest. Years back everyone showed up and we went at it, no one had cheering sections, no one bragged about how fast their stuff was, I was hoping we could do that at the Luther & Evart shows, however I got word from EHP that he cannot make them, word another racer in Minnesota that he can't make it either. However we do have a bunch of guys that are showing up that are good racers, some of them were coming just to run against Eds saws as they had heard they were among the best. I realize there are shows all over the country but I think if you commit to going to show you should show up ready to run and let the chips fall where they may.
With this in mind I am going to start planning a Midwest Chainsaw Shoot Out for sometime this fall, I will work out the details and let you know specifics as we go along, I will try and pick a weekend when there are no other shows and also try to get enough prize money to make it interesting, This will be a saws only event. I think the only motto will be " If you can't take the heat don't get in the KItchen ".

Dave that is all and well , but there are alot of guys that are real good that will not travel across the border , reasons i donot know maybe they cannot cross , and if you are going to pick a date that there is no shows on it better be near xmas cause there is alot of shows now and more coming all the time, and they are all paying good money, Like i told you i am not sure on Cecil but the rest are going to Rogersville on july 4th and to Brad's on Saturday

Most Guys thought that july 4 weekend was open and Rogersville would be on the last weekend in June but the way the weekend ended up Senneterre is the last weekend in June and Rogersville is on July 4th, the last 2 years they were on the same weekend

but i think when Cliff has Lake City this year that weekend should not be the same weekend as Parry Sound like it has the last 3 or four years,

dave most guys want to go to B.C. and be on the east team so you have to run at the eastern Canada shows to be ranked and get picked and i can already tell you there is 2 shows on labourday weekend , Gaston has one and a town north of him has the other, the next weekend after that is Williams Lake B. C. and the Canadian Championship

Most of the guys that I deal with are east of me 5 to 17 hours East of me, so to go to you add 9 to 10 hours to that time and why would they drive passed a show paying more money and have to drive 15 hours further or more.

Dave I am sure you have a great show and I know Cliff does cause I have been to lots of his shows
I think having a show is a great idea but we have tried it before and it is hard to get everybody together in one place

Dave ,I got Senneterre classes and money
0-81cc with pipe
0-140 with pipe
open
money is this 1St -$300
2nd $210
3rd $160
4th $120
5th $80

What I see happening up here is the cost for most guys now is very high to travel, gas is close to a buck a litre out east and if you drive a truck like most that gets costly fast, so if it is to costly to go to all the shows them bring the shows to you , so alot of guys now are having there own shows and if they come to your show you have to go to there's and that is only fair in my books

Did someone mention Cliff or EJ name hear and I missed it??????

Originally posted by ehp
woodsjunkie , yes i plan on going , not sure if anyone else is going

what did these new shows just show up?

Dave, I just talked to Cecil , he will not be going either

Woodsjunkie do you not read, Rogersville has been on the last weekend of June, this year it is July 4th,

Woodsjunkie you better look around cause there will be others there that could just as easy win, Cliff and EJ are both good but
guys like Lorny and Larry Ebare , Curt,and if Jerry goes any one of those guys could win and both Rob and Kenn Freemen are running good with Cliff's saws they both cut in the 4.40's here in Minden and you have Phil and Jay there as well so yes it will be a hard show to win because anything can happen,

next year here in Ontario we have 2 mores shows that want to get started, one will be the end of may and the other has not set a date yet

but on a better note Chris is home now from the hospital and is doing a little work today around the house, he feels good but got tired quick but lossing all that weight when he was skinny to begin with does not help, eating like a horse so hopefully he is on the road back to good health

I think someone is afraid to show. And we all know why.Could it be? E.J. Lorny. Larry . Jerry. Cliff.. Jay. Phill. Ken . Rob:D

You dont see any of these guys on here bragging. If they say there gona show they do.They dont wait till the last day and come up with some stuppid excuse. Dave was wrong about seeing how they would compare to ehp.They know!!!!!!And so does he.:mad: now you all know why he is not gonna show!!

Mean Hushy you need to get out in the real world, there are alot of other good racers out there as well , if they want me that bad then come to one of our shows , like Parry Sound or at Gaston's which would be better cause then you guys will see most of the top guys from out here at his show, like I said before i have gone over there alot of times , and most of them has never came here, Larry comes to our shows, and his grandson Andrew but no one else,
and you have to remember , at one of our shows you are not looking at 10 or 12 guys but more like 55 to 60 people and as high as 85 people at Minden the one year and you cannot say it is the money cause Minden doesnot pay much but has one of the biggest number of chainsaw racers out there so we must be doing something right

so come on over and play with us on our side of the border, and if you are wanting to cut in the open you will need a bar long enough to cut 16 inch round wood

you come to my shows i go to yours , it is only fair that way

and as well , how did I do when I went over there to Mich. and who have i not raced besides Woodsjunkie so let me know and i will find you a place to stay for the night

ehp you said you was gonna come to daves show!What about webster would it stack up with one of your shows.But there was not no body there yhat would come close to beating a man like you.Come on ehp face it.You will not come here cause you know what would happen!!And you know that.Or you would be here or send one of YOUR saws

:blob2:

I am sure there are quite a few guys here that are just as fast , just ask Larry when you see him he will tell you, plus he has seem most but not all of the guys , did you check on how i did ?

How did you look in mich.I have a video of you in mich.you was looking for your rewind when the other guy was done.The time before you cut out by 6 in.So you tell me how do you think you looked.So just save all your B.S. I think its time you told your frends truth.Why you are not coming.I know you know.

so if i cut out then it had to be a Mio show , cause Cliff never had lines on his wood, plus do you think I am the only one that cut out, you better look harder cause it happens to everybody

Back