Hour Meter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Reaction score
I want to put a hour meter on my Splitter.
Any recommendations?
Do you have one on your Splitter?
Did your splitter come with one?

Are they hard to install?

Thanks!

What happens over time is the display will crap out. Find one with a replaceable battery and some memory or else when the battery dies the hours will erase. Because the digital ones always display the hours whether the motor is running or not. So eventually the battery will die.

It might be a little tough to see, but this is where I have mine mounted. Right between the engine and the battery for the electric start and the fan for the cooler. I just drilled a couple holes in the frame there and put some bolts in to secure it down, and then ran the wire up and around the spark plug wire, holding it in place with some zip ties. There are a few settings you can adjust on it, but I don't recall how to do so. If you get one, there should be a sheet with instructions on it, as it shows rpm as well.

Further pics of my splitter, can be found here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/my-new-splitter.246292/

Hope that helps. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140306_115451_344.jpg
    IMG_20140306_115451_344.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 22
Thank you so much Sir!
That helped alot.
I am assuming that the until itself will have to be grounded to the engine block correct?

Thank you so much Sir!
That helped alot.
I am assuming that the until itself will have to be grounded to the engine block correct?
No. No grounding what so ever. Just 2 bolts to mount it, and the one wire wrapped around the spark plug wire, I think like 3-4 times, if my memory serves me right. It's written in the instructions that come with the meter. I know there's some program stuff, like for maintenance and stuff like that. I didn't use that feature. I know when I changed my oil last and such (which I haven't yet, cause I only have 11.8 hours on it). With the amount that I'd be running my engine, I'd be safe in changing it once a year.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Back