How are the Echo Saws (quality)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've always been excellent for me. Best bang for the buck saws out there, in my humble opinion.

With a muff modd and pulling the caps and tuning you can't beat them for a 40cc saw, excellent quality and the will cut as fast or faster than 50cc homeowner saws. I own several and for anything under 14" are by far my favorite saws. 13# ready to cut. Steve

I'm really happy with my cs400 so far. Nice saw for the $$. In addition to going with the 16" bar, I'd suggest a more aggressive VX/VXL chain when the stocker is shot.

If you don't muffler mod it, a 16 inch bar is a good idea... With a MM, the 18 inch bar isn't too bad. SHARP 91VXL chain will make it cut pretty good.

I can vouch for Echo. I have run em since about 1995. They have a great quality line, and well rounded. I own 2 echo pole saws. One weedeater, and my buddy has a cs 341 top saw, one of the best top saws made I think.

Echo Quality

I can only speak from my own experience.

Quaility is very good, and I never had an engine failure with any Echo.

But in saying that; the new saws for sure and the older ones too; need to have a richer mix of fuel. The are set too lean to last.

I suppose if you only did occasional cutting and light cutting, you may be alright, but the saw will work better with a carb mixture change.

I always modify the exhaust, taking the catalytic out and open up the exhaust ports; you can really see and feel the difference.

Of course there are more expensive saws out there and they have good quality also. if you want to pay the $$$.

motobike

I can vouch for Echo. I have run em since about 1995. They have a great quality line, and well rounded. I own 2 echo pole saws. One weedeater, and my buddy has a cs 341 top saw, one of the best top saws made I think.

Personally I dont think the 341 is one of the best climbing saws, its light yes, its cheaper yes but seriously if your taking a chainsaw into the canopy with you you want the old ms200t or even huskies 335xpt... a secondhand saw will cost you less than the echo and last twice as long. I used an echo on a freelance job for a crook out this way, the casing was smashed cos its so plasticky and it had a habbit of overheating.
Blah blah blah...
...Guess it depends on your use, if ur in the back garden logging 6-10'' pine then gooooooooooo Echo, the groundsaws do run lean but can be tweaked, u get a good hobby saw for the price. If its bigger timber and you want the saw to last a long time then Im a stihl fan all day long, Ive run the 240 for years as my hobby saw and we take the 880 to work for s***s & giggles.

I have been more then happy with my 341. I am by no means a pro but it works for me. 2 years now and over 10 cords no issues.

Back