How cold is it where your at?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hollerdaze?

I likely will be back out there this summer. Likely stay in PA, but up to Candle Lake for a few days if all goes well.

got a cabin at the lake?

My wife and I go fishing up at Clarence/Steepbank lakes... pike taste better than walleye! tow a small popup and the campgrounds up there are empty, whereas CL has 50K people trying to get to the beach!
:hmm3grin2orange:

-30C (-22F) yup, must be Canada in the winter.. At least the Igloo freezes hard!

It's been like this for at least a week, but is supposed to warm up to 0C (32F) by the end of the week! Such is winter in the shadow of the Rockies, could be -30C in the AM and +10C in the afternoon on the same day!

Old51AVE :greenchainsaw:

-30C (-22F) so the diesel fired up this morning with only a few early romps. :D

Wood rack in the basement is empty so I swept up the area and will be filling it back up this morning. It's not "freezing" out, but certainly cool enough for me to just toss the wood into the garage, get that door closed again, and then carry it down to the basement. :D

got a cabin at the lake?

My wife and I go fishing up at Clarence/Steepbank lakes... pike taste better than walleye! tow a small popup and the campgrounds up there are empty, whereas CL has 50K people trying to get to the beach!
:hmm3grin2orange:

Wife has family in PA, who have cottage on Candle Lake. Regarding the pike taste.. hmm.. best not go there I guess ;)

It's warmed up here to -16C (3F) it was -33C (-23F) a couple days ago, which made my son's day, because the school busses stop running at -32c here.....I offered to drive him to school, but he wasn't biting!!:hmm3grin2orange:

It sure brings a smile to my face to look at the big wood pile I've got, when it's cold like that!:cheers:

where i'm at? it's about 82 with the snap and crackle of elm, maple, and locust.

outside it went to 14 last night and about 24 tonight. about as cold as it gets here. and then for only a week or two at a time. solid frozen is much nicer than the freeze/thaw mush of many winter days here.

all you guys northwest of me could crank the heater full-on and open a few doors and see 'bout warming up that cool breeze. thanks.:jester:

Yeah that's about what we get 'round part of PA I'm in. Haven't had a "proper" winter in years. F'n global warming!

No... I'm not kidding!

Wife has family in PA, who have cottage on Candle Lake. Regarding the pike taste.. hmm.. best not go there I guess ;)

I've lived north of PA for years... ate so much pickeral at Lynn Lake that I no longer bring any home from there....

and the pike out of Steepbank are better.

it's 3 mi long, 1/2 wide at the most, clean and COLD! over 100 ft deep too.

awesome tasting fish!
and they make great chowder or fish soup!

-46C in Edmonton 3 nights ago.

Dang that's cold!

I experienced that up north, but had bush to keep the wind down!

Sounds like you boys are having a hell of a start to winter over there this year. Right now it is creeping up around the 40 degrees C mark here, so looks as though it will be a hot Christmas. Nothing that a few cold beers won't fix though!

Regards,

Chris.

Back