How common is this and would you pay more to avoid it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you willing to pay a little extra for UPS/Fedex shipping instead of USPS

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Around here it is determined by who the driver is on the route. It seems that the women that work for FedEx don't like to lift heavy things so they roll them off the back of the truck. I don't remember any problems with UPS and very few with USPS which gets most of my business because I don't like the FedEx or UPS big trucks driving in my yard. USPS parks out front and walks the item in to my porch..

Well from what I have been told. USPS is contracted with Amazon now. They are delivering 7 days a week to help with the workload of orders. Also UPS and FEDEX are teaming up with USPS and many small packages are being shipped UPS/ Fedex to the post office and then the post office will deliver from there.

USPS has been a little wacky for the last few months, but I still get good service shipping and receiving. I only use Priority and Express Mail. UPS & FedEx have their problems also.

Well from what I have been told. USPS is contracted with Amazon now. They are delivering 7 days a week to help with the workload of orders. Also UPS and FEDEX are teaming up with USPS and many small packages are being shipped UPS/ Fedex to the post office and then the post office will deliver from there.
Yep, I see the other carriers in the Post Office all the time. Postal lady verified what you stated and it's been going on for several months.

I'm a first time buyer from f150 and he shipped my order promptly. It left his post office Jan. 2 with a scheduled delivery of Jan. 4 and has been in limbo with no tracking info til today. It needed to go 200 miles to reach me . Now it's in MD and will have to come back anther 200 miles to get here.
I've had good luck with USPS until now, but their tracking has always sucked compared to UPS. I'm thinking his local post office has some issues.

USPS is a joke. They closed our local branch, and our main office in town is beyond pathetic. I've actually never seen such poor customer service (more than once), in any other business. I made the decision to start using UPS, and aside from their prices being a little more... Everything has been first rate for me. Yep, I'll pay more for better service, better tracking, and in my case faster shipping (USPS sorts our local mail in another city, and then brings it back for delivery).
And if it works better for you and creates less headache I would pay a little more for UPS or FedEx from you too Nate.

USPS is a joke. They closed our local branch, and our main office in town is beyond pathetic. I've actually never seen such poor customer service (more than once), in any other business. I made the decision to start using UPS, and aside from their prices being a little more... Everything has been first rate for me. Yep, I'll pay more for better service, better tracking, and in my case faster shipping (USPS sorts our local mail in another city, and then brings it back for delivery).
And if it works better for you and creates less headache I would pay a little more for UPS or FedEx from you too Nate.
Just goes to show USPS isn't the same everywhere. Our local PO is great and customer server is fantastic!

I've had two items shipped by usps priority mail in the last two months one item arrived a month late that was my Poulan and one that was supposed to be here last week but some they can't find my address even though I'm still getting mail. The poulan received more damage in transit thanit did from the previous who straight gased it.

I had a problem with a USPS shipment. It was in Memphis and had been for 4 or 5 days. I called my Post Mistress and she called Memphis and was basically told "that it is what it is." I asked the post Mistress for the phone number of the Postal Inspector. She told me that they were not allowed to give out that information. I googled it, called, got someone in Georgia and my packaged arrived the next day. The item was a carb. kit, about as small a package as there is , so I can see where it could get lost in the shuffle, but with one call to the Postal Inspector my problem was solved. Tom

I had a problem with a USPS shipment. It was in Memphis and had been for 4 or 5 days. I called my Post Mistress and she called Memphis and was basically told "that it is what it is." I asked the post Mistress for the phone number of the Postal Inspector. She told me that they were not allowed to give out that information. I googled it, called, got someone in Georgia and my packaged arrived the next day. The item was a carb. kit, about as small a package as there is , so I can see where it could get lost in the shuffle, but with one call to the Postal Inspector my problem was solved. Tom

Postmaster is the title, male or female.

I had the Post Office clerk explain to me why packages end up farther away sometimes rather than closer when they ship and it did kinda make sense, especially for non-priority mail. They stick all their packages on a truck going somewhere rather than have it sit in a Post Office for several days waiting on a truck going to the exact location. I may have misunderstood the clerk but that's what I thought she said..

Back