How did I do???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climber1423

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is a chainsaw carving of a mushroom and a pumpkin. Tell me what you think. They are for sale if you want to buy them, give me and offer.
Thx
Dan

They look a little rough; too angular. You may need a smaller bar specifically designed for carving so you can get more rounded corners.

I assume its your first try?
about 10 or 12 more and yo'll get the hang of it
I tried that a few years ago, kept making the same thing over and over about the 10th one and it started to look good, then lost interest (hunting season)

I'm not a carver by a long shot, but you need to practice more, not trying to be critical. I have sold mushrooms for money, people like a rounded top, like a toad stool mushroom. I had one that my wife really liked about two foot high, put it in the front yard along side a bench I did and some jerk stole the mushroom one night, so I know it was good :rolleyes:

Someone must make some dough at this carving stuff. Mrs Ax and I recently took a long weekend holiday up to Wisconsin, took a local state road north, at three different major intersections they were selling carved bears, same people because they were all the same basic design and a few other animals. Any way on the flip flop we stopped for a break before the home stretch at one of these intersections, she bought one of those bears for $80 bucks, told me I would have a sample to go by now. Hint Hint :dizzy:

Larry

Last edited:
Thats not bad for a start. How long did it take you to do that? I tried a little on an oak log with my sisters electric saw but the chain was dull and I gave up. Theres good money in that stuff if your halfway good at it. There was a pic of a carved eagle on this site that was pretty awesome. Anyway keep at it and you can carve whatever you want.

Latest posts

Back